Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to get a brother with everything??

Options
  • 06-12-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

well as the title says my brother has everthing....what could i get him 4 xmas??? hes 21 btw!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

I feel your pain... I ended up just buying him 100euro worth of clothes.... Which he probably wont like... I bought them at a shop where doesn't give full refunds, just exchanges them for other things in the store.... That way he cant bluff me out taking my money :rolleyes:

Does he have a PS3 or Xbox? Any games you could buy him for that?

Or what about those silver chains that most lads wear? They retail for about 90euro, depending where you get them....
    Not exactly an idea present but i was literally scraping the barrel for my brother!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If he's into games, get him clothes TBH although depends on the person.

When I was 21 I was into games and had every game going but not a stitch to wear because I never thought about clothes and even if I did go into shop for clothes I'd usually end up buying games instead lol :D

So my sister used to always buy me clothes for Xmas. It worked out well though because she got me clothes I liked! If you can't buy him clothes he likes then don't bother :D

She just did it one year thinking I wouldn't like them and I was like sweet now I don't have to buy clothes, you can do this every year from now on :D

I'd say just ask him what type of item he wants/needs. He still won't know what you've bought but you'll at least be getting him something of some use. I hate when people buy me games as I buy the games I want so if they get me another game, it will be something I didn't really want. For my brothers, I usually just don't buy a game or two so they have something to buy and tell them.

I used to get my little brother movies but he always just downloads movies anyway so I'm not saving him anything so I started buying Irish comedians DVD's because you can't find that stuff on thepiratebay.org. It can be hard to find good Irish comedian DVD's though. There is one that looks good this year from that Irish comedian that was in Black Books and always drinks wine.

Can get him a couple of things like that if you want to spend more than the price of a DVD on gifts as DVD's aren't expensive anymore.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I got this for the OH's birthday, he was like a kid in a sweet shop:rolleyes:

http://www.gifts.ie/product_info.php?products_id=1397&cPath=25_26

or if he has a sense of humour this

http://www.gifts.ie/product_info.php?products_id=1219&cPath=21_23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xstarz 2kaii9x

I cant really buy him clothes as he works in a clothes shop with a fairly good employee discount!! thanks for the help anyways!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

Have you tried asking him? In my family we all ask each other and before anyone says that this is taking the fun out of christmas, we also get each other a secret fun gift as well e.g. my brother badly needed a new car. So one year he opened his gift to find a set of car keys. No car. Just the keys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I cant really buy him clothes as he works in a clothes shop with a fairly good employee discount!! thanks for the help anyways!!

Consider getting him rockband. Look at track lists for the different versions.

Its a music game that can be played with family and friends and has come down a lot in price since the recession hit so is a lot more reasonably priced now.

If too expensive, you can look at the guitar hero games. Even if he thinks they are stupid, once you start playing them, you inevitably have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Sorry for the random post but i'm just wondering what people's opinios are with Rockband. I've got 18yr old twins sister to buy for and was wondering what this was like on the Wii? I'm stuck for idea's.

What about a new phone for your bro? Thats what I got mine last year and it went down a treat. There are some pretty cool 1s out at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Aine5 wrote: »
    Sorry for the random post but i'm just wondering what people's opinios are with Rockband. I've got 18yr old twins sister to buy for and was wondering what this was like on the Wii? I'm stuck for idea's.

What about a new phone for your bro? Thats what I got mine last year and it went down a treat. There are some pretty cool 1s out at the minute.

I'd say have a read of this forum here for the Rockband Questions, they'll sort you out no doubt.

Advertisement