Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB. Only one pc slow.

Options
  • 06-12-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

My uncle has a 3mb bb package from eircom. He has 3 pcs connected to the router, (all wired). The two vista machines have very good speeds but the xp machine is very slow. Having tried a number of things, I brought the xp machine to my house and it worked perfectly on my network. I have changed the ethernet cable and the port it connects to the router on, none of which have worked. I'm assuming the bb connection is fine as the vista machines connection is fine. I'm also assuming the settings on the xp machine are correct as it had no problems connecting on my network. Is the problem with the router? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

try resettin the router, are ya sure if QoS is enabled on the router, somone may have gave it lower priority that the vista machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikomi

guil wrote: »
    try resettin the router, are ya sure if QoS is enabled on the router, somone may have gave it lower priority that the vista machines
    Thanks for the reply. I won't be able to check the router settings untill mon or tue. I will try your suggestion then and post if this solves the problem.

Advertisement