Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone come across Yanjing Beer?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I noticed they were sponsoring the boxing tonight.

Info here.

Anyone seen it around?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's the Beer of High Official Manifestations.

I recently was offered some for free in a Chinese in Limerick. It wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Similar to the Tsing Tsao. Very gassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Redmonds in Ranelagh have had it for years @ 1 euro a bottle or less. Its fine... like a communist rolling rock tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

Thanks for the info. Will have a look next time I'm in Ranelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

no i didnt see that around funny enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Ah i've had this beer and its ok for the price, not a patch on Tiger or Singha but certainly better than Stella or similar priced lagers. A company in Kildare, CX Oriental, imports it into Ireland. Fine Wines do it at E6.99 for a 6 pack. You're right about the gassy bit, and yes its very similar to Tsing Tao. Its a green beer in every way. The whole 'official beer of high manifestations' bit is hilarious though, sounds like they're trying to say its LSD in a bottle! Where do the Chinese learn their English?! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement