Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Cricket or Brian Lara?

Options
  • 06-12-2009 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Both are as disappointing as the other but I'd like to hear a fellow cricketers opinion on them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

The original two Brian Lara games on mega drive were superb, no one has got it right since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smartharsh

Yes Brain Lara cricket is much more realistic to play, but EA is much more fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dasbo

Old School Brian Lara was the best...the commentators were brilliant!

"In the air...(2minute pause)...and out!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

You can play the first brian lara cricket online.
    http://www.thesmartass.info/play/genesis/18723/Brian+Lara+Cricket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The two I have at home at the moment are Lara 07 and EA Cricket 04

For pick up and play bashing I prefer Lara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

International Cricket 2010 is the only one I have played on a console,

has anyone tried International Cricket Captain?, you can get a two day trial on the their website with the full game,

http://www.childishthings.com ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Join a cricket club and play for real.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

JustinDee wrote: »
    Join a cricket club and play for real.

Eh, its not so easy if you're living outside Dublin.

I thought the Ea games were seriously flawed, certain shots were impossible to play and the bowling didn't work half the time, I thought 04 was the best of them. The Brian Lara ones are much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brian Lara on the original Playstation was an absolute classic. Loved the commentary. There was a brilliant game on the Spectrum given away with a magazine called International cricket, loved that game.

Oh, and joining a real club is also not feasible for people who are fat and lazy like myself.

Eh, its not so easy if you're living outside Dublin.
    I thought the Ea games were seriously flawed, certain shots were impossible to play and the bowling didn't work half the time, I thought 04 was the best of them. The Brian Lara ones are much better
    For one, if you're in Kilkenny as your location says, it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

For one, if you're in Kilkenny as your location says, it would be.

Actually think the Cricket team had a float at the Paddies Day Parade in Kilkenny last year. Lot of lads from Bangladesh but they looked a right laugh, and my kids got to see some cricket (albeit on the back of a lorry) live!

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Actually think the Cricket team had a float at the Paddies Day Parade in Kilkenny last year. Lot of lads from Bangladesh but they looked a right laugh, and my kids got to see some cricket (albeit on the back of a lorry) live!
    Think they're in Thomastown if I remember correctly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Think they're in Thomastown if I remember correctly.

Mount Juliet is the team outside Thomastown, I don't think the Bangladeshi team in Kilkenny play competitively,at least I've never heard of them doing it. And yeah I tried playing in Mount Juliet but since I don't have a car it involved thumbing my way to Thomastown, then walking a few miles out to Mount Juliet with gear and then trying to arrrange a lift home, not the ideal way to spend a Sunday (and the same for trainings). Its a big difference from hopping on the DART to Sandymount and walking the 5 minutes it takes to get to Pembroke or Merrion

Advertisement