Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second Time Lucky?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭

Test is on Tuesday, can't wait, think I'll pass this time :)

I didn't post this in Learning To Drive as I know more people here :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Remember to use those rear view mirrors obsessively and LOOK as if youre using them .Hands on the wheel even if stopped in traffic jam /at lights ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ah you'll be grand. Make any observations obvious but not too obvious. Let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I reckons I have the practical downnn, just the theory that I need to know really. And doing it in Tallaght, which is a hell of a lot better than where I did it the first time, Rathgar :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

good luck with it.

I have applied for mine and I hope to pass it first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Mirror , Signal , Manoeuvre.

Always use your mirror before doing anything and your half way to passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

jhegarty wrote: »

I was told Mirror, Signal, Look over shoulder, Manoeuvre ? (for the likes of taking off and changing lanes)

i never got marked for it so im guessing its right ?

anyway, no speeding (again) !!!

try to get 3rd in big enough housing area's but dont try to rush it or anything, do it at the appropriate speed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I reckons I have the practical downnn, just the theory that I need to know really. And doing it in Tallaght, which is a hell of a lot better than where I did it the first time, Rathgar :)

Tallaght is a nice test centre. Only really two possible routes that they bring you on and i was lucky to have a pretest on the one i was brought on. The tester i had there was sound. I thought i had failed but got 2 grade 2's and he even took the time out to explain what they were for. I did it in wicklow first time round and it was hellish. Tallaght was a breeze compared to it.

Good luck.:)

jhegarty wrote: »

robbie_998 wrote: »
    I was told Mirror, Signal, Look over shoulder, Manoeuvre ? (for the likes of taking off and changing lanes)

i never got marked for it so im guessing its right ?

anyway, no speeding (again) !!!

try to get 3rd in big enough housing area's but dont try to rush it or anything, do it at the appropriate speed :)

Mirror signal mirror manoeuvre ;) Just to be sure:)

• Advertisement

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Mirror signal mirror manoeuvre ;) Just to be sure:)

but your still missing your blind spot ;)

i suggest glancing over your shoulder where suited :)

What I was thought was:

AOR: Anticipation, Observation, Reaction
    MSM: Mirrors, Signal, Maneuver
    POS: Piece of Shit, referring to the Kia I was thought in :P

but your still missing your blind spot ;)

i suggest glancing over your shoulder where suited :)

Yeah,i agree for when moving off or changing lanes only though. A second glance in the rear view mirrors gives a good impression for all other manoevres though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I figure i'll leave this here and not move it to Learning to Drive, since Midnight really wants it left here!
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    Yeah,i agree for when moving off or changing lanes only though. A second glance in the rear view mirrors gives a good impression for all other manoevres though.

I agree, mirror, signal, mirror, manoeuvre. No need to check your blind spot unless you're moving from a kerb or changing lanes.

Best of luck with it Midnight_EG, post in learning to drive if you pass. Just take it easy, and give it your best shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Good luck, make sure to get a good nights sleep the night before.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Good luck, make sure to get a good nights sleep the night before.
    Half 8 in the morning (Tuesday), I'll need it, and then time to warm the car up...about an hours driving for that or so just around and about...then getting there at 8 or so....hmmmm long morning =[

Half 8 in the morning (Tuesday), I'll need it, and then time to warm the car up...about an hours driving for that or so just around and about...then getting there at 8 or so....hmmmm long morning =[

if your gonna be driving the car an hour before hand please take a 10-15 minute brake before you get in the test centre.

its not good to be constantly driving, it doesn't do good with your legs,

go to the shop, get a drink or even a quick snack so you can stretch your legs before the test.

if your gonna be driving the car an hour before hand please take a 10-15 minute brake before you get in the test centre.

its not good to be constantly driving, it doesn't do good with your legs,

go to the shop, get a drink or even a quick snack so you can stretch your legs before the test.
    Oh I know, I'll go home for breakfast, then head out to the worst placed test center in Dublin :rolleyes:

Advertisement