Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haggling with artists?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

A lot of people I know say/claim they haggled with the tattoo artists for a reduced prices. I was just wondering what's the general opinion and method of haggling with artists?

Theres 2 main reasons I wont haggle

- Its a tattoo, its for life etc etc. In general, I think tattoo's are quite cheap
    Of course, an artist charging 100 for a smiley face is pulling the piss

- If I do haggle the artist down, I would have this nagging feeling he/she will do a half arse job since they will be essentially paid less. Its true with a lot of professions, if you're getting paid less for work, chances are you wont care as much or put in less effort. Though with a tattoo artist, they also have to think about their reputation and to get a returning customer.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

Your way of thinking is normal, but it all depends on how you haggle the price.
    If you start acting like a tit, telling the artist its not worth that much, and generally knocking his artwork, then yes you might get the odd wonky line or colour bleed.
    Use your brain, play it cool, speak to the artist and explain that you would love that piece of art but because your work hours have been cut you couldnt afford it, im sure in these current times he would knock off a few euros to secure your custom.

Advertisement