Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Minchin. Ya gotta laugh.

Options
  • 05-12-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭

Heya, anyone here ever see Tim Minchin? He's an ozzy stand-up, saw him first on a spoof high school documentary, 'summer high' or something like that, but a while back he was on BBC doing his gig, f#*kin hilarious. The show's called 'So F**king Rock', saw the DVD on Amazon. Worth checking out if ya haven't yet :D Kind of a cross between Bill Bailey and Russell Brand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Johro wrote: »
    Heya, anyone here ever see Tim Minchin? He's an ozzy stand-up, saw him first on a spoof high school documentary, 'summer high' or something like that, but a while back he was on BBC doing his gig, f#*kin hilarious. The show's called 'So F**king Rock', saw the DVD on Amazon. Worth checking out if ya haven't yet :D Kind of a cross between Bill Bailey and Russell Brand.

Summer Heights High? That's a guy called Chris Lilley.

He's a fantastic comic and a wonderful musician, so I understand the Bill Bailey comparison. However, the only thing even remotely similar to Russell Brand is his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Summer Heights High? That's a guy called Chris Lilley.

He's a fantastic comic and a wonderful musician, so I understand the Bill Bailey comparison. However, the only thing even remotely similar to Russell Brand is his hair.
    Yeah, fair enough.. Maybe not so much Russell Brand. Though there is the eye liner...;) Chris Lilley? I didn't know that. It was a while since I saw it. Cheers for putting that right. Anyways guys, Tim Minchin. The DVD 's called 'So F#*king Rock'. Well recommended. Clever comedy, not your usual toilet humour and shock tactics. And very very funny.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The "So Fncking Rock" dvd is very good indeed!

The opening song from it (below) is one of the best starts to a routine I've seen. Warning: the song is uncannily addictive and gets in your head :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

DeVore wrote: »
    The "So Fncking Rock" dvd is very good indeed!

The opening song from it (below) is one of the best starts to a routine I've seen. Warning: the song is uncannily addictive and gets in your head :)

DeV.
    Nice one :)

Advertisement