Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About mma league ireland????

Options
  • 05-12-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just want to get some info on the next league from you guys. ive been looking at the vids on youtube and wat ive seen so far was bjj playin a major part.
    For the likes of someone like myself who has a good standup but not too good ground game, would it be worth my while giving it a go? Or would i just get taking down at will and submitted?
    I have a decent defence from the bottom, but thats really it or if i do get a good position im limited to wat i can do,and id hate to be lying there for 5mins hoping to steal a point.:mad:

Does anyone know of fighters who done well in the league with average bjj/wrestling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I have average bjj but very decent wrestling. Ive been doin well in the league the past couple years. Its great if you have good wrestling cuz without headshots your probably not gonna get taken down.
    My 1st fight this year in galway. Wudda loved to compete more but was busy in col.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FetnFTIfZ7M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

My 1st fight this year in galway. Wudda loved to compete more but was busy in col.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FetnFTIfZ7M

Great fight, fair play to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

If you fancy yourself as a standup fighter then the league is a great place to get some experience and assess where your game is at. If you can't keep a league fight standing then you probably don't have much business trying to move up to C or B class. If you can do ok at league fights and already have ok striking then you'll be fine to move up a class.

Advertisement