Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Fiesta gearbox jam

Options
  • 05-12-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a tidy low mileage 98 Fiesta 1.3 zetec, I got this for my son for his driving lessons. was driving fine for a few months now gets stuck in reverse gear, have had it checked in local garage ye man said he cant see any major problems just topped up some fluid and was ok for a week or two.

Anyone had this problem advice please

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Maybe check the gear linkages are set correctly...I think there's an adjuster looks like a 10mm bolt screwed into a hollow in the gear selector underneath the car. Check that for security, and see if its moved at all. There'll be a post on the net somewhere for procedure for resetting it...I think you get someone to hold the gearstick in fourth, then unbolt the 10 mm bolt and line up the gear selector with the linkage...
    Otherwise you could be looking at gearbox probs...faulty gear selector detent, baulk rings, synchromesh.
    Hope this helps in someway

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pben

Thanks a mill, will get back to garage soon

Advertisement