Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Berlingo MPG

Options
  • 05-12-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm just wondering if any of ye have a Citroen Berlingo what sort of millage on average you are gettin from a full tank! Mine is a '03 1.9 600 and I'm getting around 420 miles which I have to say I was expecting up around 550! I find that when in 5th gear she cruises away at about 110kph at around 2700 rpm but once she hits about 3000 rpm, about 115/120 kph she absolutley drinks diesel, you can almost see the needle move! I'd say she is nearly drinking double the juice she normally would! Is this "normal" or is there some problem with mine?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is there much smoke (sutty type) under acceleration? Could be the EGR valve perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

mfitzy wrote: »
    Is there much smoke (sutty type) under acceleration? Could be the EGR valve perhaps.

No I can't say I've noticed any at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I have an 06 2L HDI and i get around 480-500 tops from a tank,i have been told that the newer 1.6HDI will do 650miles/tank

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its a very well tried & tested engine at this stage but I think so underpowered that you end up dogging it 100% of the time leading to heavy fuel burn. The 2.0 hdi would be a much better option, at least having somoe power. THe 1.6hdi are very efficient from what i hear

Advertisement