Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioforge and DOS-Box

Options
  • 05-12-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Have any of you ever tried to get Bioforge running on DOS-Box? I've tried repeatedly but can't get the settings right. This is one of my favourite games and it's really bugging me that i can't get it running.

Ref: *snip*

Cheers,
    Kevin.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hey Kevster I know it's abandonware but i've edited out the link. I'll fire up dosbox and take a look for you later.

LoGiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hey,

That's no problem. I've just been looking at it again and I think I'll have to install the contents of the 'X' directory (from the Bioforge ZIP file) onto a CD, and then do a regular install from that. I should then be able to run the game through DOS-Box ... ...I think. The only problem is that I've no darn CDs! I'll nab one at the uni on Tuesday when I'm back!

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, I got it to work by the method described above, but it runs so slow. If anyone has any ideas about settings to tweak in DOS-Box to remedy this, then please suggest them. I already have it running at the maximum memory I can allocated (including extended memory; XMS).

Kevin

Advertisement