Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Offender

Options
  • 05-12-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I've already ordered a t-shirt, some great designs here capturing the spirit of the Rave scene :)

http://www.maxim.co.uk/fashion/clothing/19075/weekend_offender.html
    Caners of the World Unite!
    Stylish bloke garms with a defiant nod to drug culture? Why the devil not eh...
    By Stuart Messham

November 2009

There's something ace about Weekend Offender garms. Something rebellious, disobedient and just a little bit "**** you". In fact, it's hard not to admire the cut of their designer jib. And to wear their stuff without resisting the urge to be a little bit "naughty".

It's as the chaps say on their site ([url]www.weekendoffender.com):[/url]
    "We are scaffolders, we are accountants, we are nurses, we work in Burger King, we build your houses, we teach your children, we serve you fries with that. We wait in the same spot to get the same train at the same time to sit in the same seat.
    At the weekend the chains are off. We become who we are, who we want to be. Who we wish we were. We're are 48 hour party people. We separate ourselves from you. We drink, we smoke, we fight, we ****, we get the bus home in the morning.
    ...we are Weekend Offender"

An admirable ethic indeed and one to which such luminaries as Mike Skinner, Danny Dyer and Carl Cox have already subscribed.

The label is the brainchild of two chaps from Merthyr Tydfil – Sam Jones, 32 and Rhydian Powell, 29 – who bill themselves as a label with attitude who design clothes for “48-hour party people”.

ImageHost.org

Go to their website www.weekendoffender.com and check out some more stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

jonny68 wrote: »
    I've already ordered a t-shirt, some great designs here capturing the spirit of the Rave scene :)

http://www.maxim.co.uk/fashion/clothing/19075/weekend_offender.html

All that exists now is clubs, pubs, drugs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world....etc etc....... So it took the Merthyr boys 10 years to catch up with what was happening just down the road in Bristol. And some people think Ireland is a bit behind the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seriously do people still think its cool to wear clothes with drug references on em.

apart from the fact the design is ****e,i cant stand people who love to broadcast there drug habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Daroxtar wrote: »
    All that exists now is clubs, pubs, drugs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world....etc etc....... So it took the Merthyr boys 10 years to catch up with what was happening just down the road in Bristol. And some people think Ireland is a bit behind the times.

Well clearly there is a big market for these type of t-shirts otherwise this label wouldn't be doing well,nothing to do with "catching up" and it's not all about Dance music (or drug references) there are other t-shirt designs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

seannash wrote: »
    seriously do people still think its cool to wear clothes with drug references on em.

They're as much fun as "if found, please return to pub" tshirts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

hahahahahahahaha

"We are scaffolders, we are accountants, we are nurses, we work in Burger King, we build your houses, we teach your children, we serve you fries with that. We wait in the same spot to get the same train at the same time to sit in the same seat"

In otherwords, we're complete losers who like to think we're real important. Honest to God, Jonny has gone one better with this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vestak1

Some nice designs there,will look into buying one on next payday.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i opened the link and seen mike skinner and some bloke with a busted lip modelling them. honestly, the first thing that came to mind was wheres danny dyer. on my scroll back up i seen "also being worn by danny dyer and carl cox" ... carl cox hahaha...

that said, one of the t's isnt bad. the rest of them are bordering the same category as henleys.

sorry to all you henleys wearers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Well clearly there is a big market for these type of t-shirts otherwise this label wouldn't be doing well...

Plenty of Jedward t-shirts around as well, doesn't mean that they're not for complete pillocks. Now go put on your "Leeds = LSD + Two E's" t-shirt and we'll all just politely forget this thread happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

retarded thread. I cant stand those who broadcast their drug habits with their clothing. Its absolutely pathetic.

Also, if your that desperate to let people know you dabble in a bit of this and a bit of that at the weekends, you get the same message across if you wear a creamfields t-shirt or something alike,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

request move to fashion and appearance forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

jtsuited wrote: »
    request move to terrible fashion and appearance forum?
    FYP

retarded thread. I cant stand those who broadcast their drug habits with their clothing. Its absolutely pathetic.

Also, if your that desperate to let people know you dabble in a bit of this and a bit of that at the weekends, you get the same message across if you wear a creamfields t-shirt or something alike,

Who is "broadcasting their drug habits" you clown you don't even know which t-shirt ive bought, have you even looked at the website, you'd think every single t-shirt on it had a reference to drugs on them.

Retarded post

jimi_t wrote: »
    Plenty of Jedward t-shirts around as well, doesn't mean that they're not for complete pillocks. Now go put on your "Leeds = LSD + Two E's" t-shirt and we'll all just politely forget this thread happened.
    you probably wear a jedward t-shirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Urrrrghh, had a look through the tees on that site, defintely not for me. The only reason I could see myself wearing one is if I was going to an ironically themed 'chav' fancy dress party.

The fact that Danny Dyer is linked to the outfit in some way is just LOL redic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Great T-Shirts, might also order a box of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Quality comeback

jimi_t wrote: »
    Quality comeback

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

haha haha epic!