Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best telescope?

Options
  • 05-12-2009 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I need a telescope for deep space observation and to be able to see the planets.
    I have a budget of around 600 euro
    i am already part of a astronomy club and have used telescopes before.
    Could you give me the name and model of what you think is the best telescope based on the information above and a website which ships to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Take a look at this thread.

The Meade LXD75 is a good 'scope and will give you good views of the planets and deep sky objects.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759100

At €600, its within your budget and shipping is free - just turn up to your nearest Lidl on Thursday!

Bear in mind, it is unlikely each shop will have more than one of these - some may have none. Ring the shop the day before to find out. If they have one, be first in the queue. If they don't, ring around the next nearest shop etc.

Over time, you can purchase additional eyepices/Barlows etc to enhance your view of the object you are interested in.

Hope this helps.
    Dave

Advertisement