Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage floor stone spec/size?

Options
  • 04-12-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hello all,I'm currently converting a small barn into a garage/workshop on the farm,problem is it has a sloping floor in it as it was build primarily as a calving shed.I need to get a floor poured and powerfloated,but I would like to do some of the work myself to keep the cost down.Could anyone tell me what grade/size stone fill to get so i can level it up to the level at which the concrete will be poured? I will only be driving cars and vans onto it,no big tractors.Any help/advice would be much appreciated thanks:)

Alo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

50mm down would be normal. What depth on average are you going to put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Thanks for the quick reply tom, floor is 43' L x 20' wide but at the deepest part i would be only filling around 14-16 inches,tapering to level at around the 30 foot mark.there's a concrete floor down already so i think i'd just need to give it a belt of a whacker to compact the stone,then i'm getting a builder to pour the floor/powerfloat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You're looking at about 13m3 of fill.

Advertisement