Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing memtest86??

Options
  • 04-12-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but please move if it's wrong!

Ok, so i have a Fujitsu Siemens esprimo mobile 5455, and its been the most troublesome laptop I havIe ever used - I'd been able to fix most issues that it had thrown at me, but this one has me stumped as I think it's hardware based but maybe someone will be able to tell me.

It kept getting BSOD - the last one said something about inql_equal_not_equal but I could have that completely wrong, and it got this weird graphics errors where the screen would eventually turn white, and then repeated BSOD, managed to open safe mode and get files off, before it stopped letting me get into safe mode too - so I tried to reinstall Windows Vista - formatted the HDD and then it kept popping up with errors and wouldn't install, so I have no OS. So i tried out ubuntu and that didn't work either, so I ran the memtest that comes with the ubuntu 8.04 cd.

Now, it's still running and has been for the past hour, it says that there are 36702784 errors and it's increasing, I think it's only 7% of the way through the test, I don't understand what's happening, or what the issue is.

Can anyone enlighten me? I hate taking anything into PCworld cos I feel like they're cowboys messing me about. If I have to buy a new HDD or ram or something, I'm cool with that.

Or if it's totally screwed, I'll buy a new one, it's not even two years old!!!

Can anyone even point me in the right direction pretty please?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

RAM might be loose?

Or one of the sticks could well be faulty.

At worst it might be the whole motherboard.

Either way, it's a hardware fault.

Advertisement