Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadbad Problem

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

My internet is aslo acting up. I live just outside Dundalk so the connection should be good. The dsl light will start flashing and there goes my internet connection for 5-9 minutes, i also play online on my x-box and I'd have no connection what so ever. Here are my internet stats

DSL
    Availableeircom broadband
    ConnectedUser Name
    eircom@eircom.net
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    dns1.cwm.dublin.eircom.net
    Secondary DNS Server
    dns2.cra.dublin.eircom.net
    Speed
    1024/128 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    36/19 dB

Any ideas whats wrong??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

What's your SN Margin?

This can be found on your router page under troubleshooting>stats>DSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sir Dunne

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 1024 128
    SN Margin (dB) 14.00 13.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 36.50 19.00
    CRC Errors 0 0

looks to me like your line attenuation is pretty bad, that's 36.5 out of a possible 36.5! how far are you away from the exchange? how long have you had this problem? and was it working alright before?

As far as I can figure out, I live about 5.5 km from the nearest exchange. The problem's been there since we got broadband, only addressing it now because my xbox live won't work!!

Sir Dunne wrote: »
    As far as I can figure out, I live about 5.5 km from the nearest exchange. The problem's been there since we got broadband, only addressing it now because my xbox live won't work!!

Doesn't look good as far as I can tell... Call eircom and see if they can send out a tech. (for free) and see if they can do anything about it.

Normal tips apply too, make sure you have DSL filters on all your phones and on your skybox (if you have one plugged to the phoneline).

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks for your help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Your line attenuation is by no means a disaster. Have you checked your internal wiring and do you have filters on all your phones.

Advertisement