Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 Porsche Cayenne pics

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

2011-Porsche-Cayenne-7-650x421.jpg
    New Cayenne will be much more compact, lighter and fuel efficient compared to the current model. Just as with the current model both V6 and V8 gasoline engines will be offered, plus Audi sourced 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel.

New addition to the line-up will be a hybrid model featuring a V6 engine with around 330 hp and an electric motor with 45 hp.

To me it looks a lot smaller, maybe it is because of the rounder design. Can't wait to see the undisguised lights, that will give it a final touch and we can tell how bad or good it looks.

more pics here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ddarraghh

its a road going 4x4 off road on road mpv suv type mongrel
    bucket of crap
    ahhh i hate it and all its friends
    see past the badge

suvs are wasteful awkward and slow.

are also ugly
    so are porshes

ugly + ugly = hideous

lets not buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

digan wrote: »

are also ugly
    so are porshes

ugly + ugly = hideous

lets not buy one.

Is there no greenpeace section on boards?? If not you can at least take yourself to the English section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Thats a shocker. How have they made it look even worse than before!!! :confused: Always a car for the tiny penis brigade but there really is no excuse for buying one now ....except if you're a total pratt :D Rotten :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

It needs bigger alloys and I'd have one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

The white doesn't flatter it - it looks like it's missing the Nike logo on the side and some laces up the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Looks far too small now, it needs a lot more presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ugly stick has been wielded again. Can look ok on the right wheels but it's still a toerag underneath and that isn't on in the price range this in placed in.

are also ugly
    so are porshes

ugly + ugly = hideous

lets not buy one.

It's Porsche ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

lets not buy one.
    can we buy two then? one each???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Meh, looks like a slightly bigger Quasqai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

My god thats awful :O The only reason to buy it is for the name badge but jesus you'd wana be on the wrong side of sanity to even be tempted by it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are footballers wives getting weak at the knees looking at those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It reminds me somewhat of the facelifted s-class coming our way, i.e. slapping on some LED headlights counts as a new design.

I think the Cayenne needed a complete design direction change. I'm not a fan of the "911 but taller" design, in the same way i am not a fan of the "911 but longer" panamera. Originality please!

Having said that, I don't really care, if I had the money to buy a porsche then it would clearly only be a Carrera 4S. If I needed space or practicality, I wouldn't buy a Porsche.

EDIT: The hind quarters and C-Pillar design remind me somewhat of the lexus RX.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Originality please!

Porsche have tried and failed at originality. In the past they tried to redesign the 911. It didn't work. The have found that sticking with the 911 design works.

The back of the new design seems to be based on the 911 and Pananmera(SP?).

This car is more Porsche than the last. Hopefully the VW version will be different. Porsche could easily be the best luxury 4x4 for the rich. I think this car will be a huge success.

EDIT: Just reviewing the pictures, this is so a 911 on stilts.

http://www.911spirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2011-Porsche-Cayenne-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

A diesel option as well? I thought porsche said they would never have a diesel and that a hybrid was the only compromise.

Looks like their financial situation has forced them to reconsider.

@kikel: side view is possibly the worst aspect for the cayenne. Though I think the apparently shorter wheelbase makes it look a bit more sporty and compact compared with the original, which was just a train of flat panels:

06.cayenne.42_(400x300).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ando wrote: »
    My god thats awful :O The only reason to buy it is for the name badge but jesus you'd wana be on the wrong side of sanity to even be tempted by it :eek:

Far to much jealously on here, the Subaru Impretza is a horrific looking car but at the heads here love it (and rightly so as its an excellent machine) Yet because the Cayenne has a Porsche badge and costs a lot of money people like to sneer.

If you've actually driven the Turbo S you'd have very quickly realised that there is a hell of a lot more to them than a badge. A savage machine, pure animal.

And unlike all the other SUVs its superb in serious offroad conditions.

Its a stunning bit of engineering, I wish I could afford to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I'd rather buy a 911 then that thing... Sinfully ugly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Hammertime wrote: »
    And unlike all the other SUVs its superb in serious offroad conditions.

Really!!!!! Eh :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqdRZ8B-3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEMk5G9e4zk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB5JmwYkz4k&NR=1

In its defence that is very wet grass in the last video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Really!!!!! Eh :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB5JmwYkz4k&NR=1

In its defence that is very wet grass in the last video :D
    :D
    So... who is that heap of c-p dedicated to? If you want to get an off-roader, a 40-year old Land Rover would be a lot better (never mind the price), if you need the space, then a good estate is the way to go and if you need a sports car, you would buy a sports car then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ddarraghh

So... who is that heap of c-p dedicated to?

footballers wives

fools

and fashion victims

what do porsch no about front mounted engines and off roaders
    its a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    A diesel option as well? I thought porsche said they would never have a diesel and that a hybrid was the only compromise.

Looks like their financial situation has forced them to reconsider.

@kikel: side view is possibly the worst aspect for the cayenne. Though I think the apparently shorter wheelbase makes it look a bit more sporty and compact compared with the original, which was just a train of flat panels:

06.cayenne.42_(400x300).jpg

PorscheCayenne2010photo1.jpg
    Why i agree with the above regarding the side view, the side view of the new model is so much better. Its very lexus from this angle

Advertisement