Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipework Problem

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I've a stream running down the side of my land, and up to 40 metres of it was piped using what looks like 2.5 or 3 foot pipes many years ago.

Recently I found that water was backing up during the heavy rains and the pipes didn't appear to be taking the required volumes of water. Now that the levels have lowered I've found that it looks like there is a heavy deposit of silt and other crap along the bottom of the pipes and I don't know how to remove it.

I believe that the pipes may have been dropped into place on the bed of the stream - having them placed a couple of inches higher may have helped prevent the build-up of the silt.....

As its up to 40 metres in length I'm looking for help in coming up with a workable solution - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Maybe the pipe is not big enough for the recent levels of rainfall.
    I dont know how you would go about cleaning out the pipes cheaply.
    You could run a new pipe at a higher level to take the strong floods

Advertisement