Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFS being moved from BT to Vodafone and getting a 100gb cap...

Options
  • 04-12-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Got the letter through the door this morning. I was rightly pissed off. The reason I picked the 7meg package was for the unlimited bandwidth they offered.

Now I see Vodafone want to limit it to 100GB. Using Sky on the 360, downloading movies and music, constantly uploading and downloading from my server, and having 3 other people doing the same means I'm pretty sure we're gonna be in excess.

Just when we get something ****ing good going, jolly old backward Ireland goes and ****s it up.

ANY providers with uncapped home packages?

It's a ****ing joke tbh...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT's package was never unlimited, they typically penalised people at around 90GB. You don't have to accept the change to Vodafone, you can cancel and pick another provider.

There are pretty much no unlimited providers, all of them have a cap somewhere. Smart and Magnet have fairly high caps, eircom don't seem to enforce theirs. UTV do a no limit for an extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

they typically penalised people at around 90GB

What would that entail now? I just get so frustrated with the broadband services in this country. In this day and age the notion of caps, 1mb lines and the like...and the prices we pay. Ludicrous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Until the OP rings Vodafone I suggest we don't bother posting here and leave him to cry himself to sleep.

"I see vodafone..".. Just ring them FFS.

They have a cap of 100gigs. But for us unlimited BT customers I can assure you it's more than that. I reached 250gigs sometime last month over 30 days.

And anyway as posted already, your old BT cap was 100gigs. So stop winging and go and ring Vodafone for clarification.

Until the OP rings Vodafone I suggest we don't bother posting here and leave him to cry himself to sleep.

"I see vodafone..".. Just ring them FFS.

They have a cap of 100gigs. But for us unlimited BT customers I can assure you it's more than that. I reached 250gigs sometime last month over 30 days.

And anyway as posted already, your old BT cap was 100gigs. So stop winging and go and ring Vodafone for clarification.

You angry bro?

Tell you what. I'll go to therapy and cry it out. You take anger management lessons.

I imagine you tut a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Smyth wrote: »
    downloading movies and music

And you feel you're getting ripped off?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

100 gig's is actually good in fairness.Vodafone even though i would'nt go next a near them may have a add on you can get for unlimted bandwith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

You were already on a 100GB cap with BT, they just never actually said it. Go over 100GB on BT in a 30 day period and you get throttled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

UPC, 250gig cap on their "unlimited" package

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭tazire

i was with bt on their 24mb unlimited package. their cap was always between 100-130gb. i was throtled twice in a two month period for doing this. its the reason i left them for smart.

accensi0n wrote: »
    And you feel you're getting ripped off?

:)

You do realise you can do these thing legally, right?
    <SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Smyth wrote: »
    You angry bro?

Tell you what. I'll go to therapy and cry it out. You take anger management lessons.

I imagine you tut a lot.

You have a service with BT. You start ranting and complaining about them and Vodafone. You come here ranting, cursing and calling them a**holes all because you are unsure what's going on.

You should of just rang up Vodafone to get some clarification or you could of came onto boards.ie and created a thread asking for some information on the Vodafone package.

Typical Irishman. Complaining and ranting but afraid to do anything about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Smyth, stop with the smart responses.

There is no such thing as a unlimited ISP, bigger fool you if you believe there is.

If you don't like what Vodafone is offering you then move to another ISP that also has a fair usage policy (because they all do :) ).

Fair enough your annoyed but your uninformed rant is the reason why people are replying the way they are.

Advertisement