Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it ok to sell Transformers here?

• 04-12-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just wondering, before I upset any mods

I have a G1 Prowl 2002 reissue with genuine G1 instruction booklet, missiles, launchers, gun and tech spec from 1984 to sell.

The main figure was a loose reissue bought to replace a smashed original.

If it's ok I'll put up photos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, fire away.

Just remember folks, that all trades/purchases are between the buyer and the seller and neither the moderators no boards.ie take responsibility for any deadbeats/shifty dealers yaddyyaddyadda....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭sexitoni

Cool

I have a few genuine complete G1s as well that I'm selling. I have an ebay account but it might be easier to try selling in Ireland first.

I'll post pictures of each with as accurate a description as possible over the next couple of days

Message for anyone browsing below:

The information is honest, genuine and clear to the best of my ability. I will answer any GENUINE questions as best I can. All these transformers are in good nick and have been well looked after. The prices attached are genuine. Remember that if you are lucky enough to find transformers as complete as these on American ebay for cheaper, you would be paying 25 - 40 dollars shipping.

I have no interest in responding to idiots who offer me a tenner for 25 year old collector's items. Save your typing fingers for someone else

P&P is extra. Each complete transformer plus bubble wrap works out at 0.25Kg in a small box. Use that info on the An Post website and add 1 euro (for packaging) to calculate total postage

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

sexitoni wrote: »
    Cool

I have a few genuine complete G1s as well that I'm selling. I have an ebay account but it might be easier to try selling in Ireland first.

I'll post pictures of each with as accurate a description as possible over the next couple of days

In the meantime I have:

Ultra Magnus
    Sunstreaker
    Red Alert
    Mirage
    Tracks
    Smokescreen
    Prowl
    Bluestreak
    Sideswipe
    Mirage
    Prowl Reissue
    Wreck-Gar
    Sky Dasher
    hi i would be interested in red alert,mirage,smokescreen,wreck car,sky dasher,prowl,sunstreaker if they are all original g1s 1980s complete do let us know and i will take a look

cheers

Sunstreaker G1 100%

Overall: very good 7.5-8/10
    Stickers: Mostly very good
    Joints: Very good
    Colour: very good, slight paint chipping
    Chrome: Chrome effect poor on missiles.

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Sunstreaker in played with but very good condition. All this guys joints are good (slightly loose arms) and he’s poseable. The chrome effect on the missiles is faded and there are a couple of paint chips. See photo. Note how the fists are detachable and replaced by his missiles. He displays very well in both modes. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance. A good Sunstreaker is hard to find. Very importantly the black plate that fits under the car is present – it often isn’t.

One like this with his manual and tech spec would fetch 80 - 90 dollars
    I'm looking for 60 euro.

4161539266_bd7f634559_m.jpg

4160782047_bb125043c4_m.jpg

Mirage G1 100% - first guy

Joints: Very good joints for a Mirage figure
    Colour: very good
    Chrome: Chrome effect poor in places.

I'm looking for 60 euro.

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Mirage in very good condition. Very good G1 Mirage is hard to find as his waist pivot is weak and his nose and wing is prone to being very loose but all this guys joints are good and he’s poseable. His only failing is that the chrome effect under the front and rear wings and on his weapons is faded. See photo. He displays very well in both modes. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance.

4160781955_af8db30c31_m.jpg

4161539012_26315cacfe_m.jpg

• Advertisement

Mirage G1 100% - second guy

Overall: good 6.5-7/10
    Stickers: good, but some are scotch taped in place
    Joints: all a bit loose, nose cone and rear wing very loose
    Chrome: very good

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Mirage in good condition. Very good G1 Mirage is hard to find as his waist pivot is weak and his nose and wing is prone to being very loose. All joints are a bit loose. The nose cone will stay in place for display but will flop easily, as will the rear wings. There is a slight chip on the corner of one of the rear wings (which become the feet). See photo. Some chrome wear on weapons. He still displays well in both modes and is reasonably poseable. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance.

One like this with his manual and tech spec, but bearing in mind looser joints would fetch 60 - 70 dollars
    I'm looking for 40 euro.

4161538946_d2b1c86ec4_m.jpg

4161538876_0d32f60366_m.jpg

Prowl G1 100%

Stickers: very good
    Joints: tight, slightly loose legs
    Colour: White, some slight yellowing
    Chrome: some wear, very good

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Prowl in played with but very good condition. His windshield is not as manoeuvrable as Smokescreen’s so it may have been re-glued but I can’t tell and it doesn’t affect transformation. Displays well in both modes and is very poseable.

Prowl is fairly rare. One like this with his manual and tech spec, would fetch 65 - 75 dollars

I'm looking for 50 euro

4161538792_d8a1df2f86_m.jpg

4160781571_e4d71e83a6_m.jpg

Red Alert G1 100%

Overall: good – very good 7-7.5/10
    Stickers: good but some frayed
    Joints: arms a bit loose, left arm noticeably
    Colour: white, only slight yellowing

Notes: Genuine G1 1985 Red Alert in almost very good condition. His left arm is noticeably loose and drops if you put the gun in his hand as shown. Still displays well in both modes and can be posed. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance. Could use a dusting with cotton buds.

One like this with his manual and tech spec, would fetch 50 - 60 dollars

I'm looking for 38 euro

4161538622_99e55e18e0_m.jpg

4161538530_c306d1f121_m.jpg

i will take red alert thanks
    Red Alert G1 100%

Overall: good – very good 7.5/10
    Joints: arms a bit loose, left arm noticeably
    Colour: white, only slight yellowing

Notes: Genuine G1 1985 Red Alert in almost very good condition. His left arm is noticeably loose and drops if you put the gun in his hand as shown. Still displays well in both modes and can be posed. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance. Could use a dusting with cotton buds.

One like this with his manual and tech spec, would fetch 45 - 55 dollars

I'm looking for 35 euro

4161538622_99e55e18e0_m.jpg

4161538530_c306d1f121_m.jpg

hi give ya 40 for prowl and i will take mirage as well can you do mirage , red alert and prowl for 100 thanks
    Prowl G1 100%

Stickers: very good
    Joints: tight, slightly loose legs
    Colour: White, some slight yellowing

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Prowl in played with but very good condition. His windshield is not as manoeuvrable as Smokescreen’s so it may have been re-glued but I can’t tell and it doesn’t affect transformation. Displays well in both modes and is very poseable.

Prowl is fairly rare. One like this with his manual and tech spec, would fetch 65 - 75 dollars

I'm looking for 50 euro

4161538792_d8a1df2f86_m.jpg

4160781571_e4d71e83a6_m.jpg

• Advertisement

hi this is the mirage im after
    so red alert,prowl, and this mirage offer 100 fot the 3 of them!

cheers :-)

Mirage G1 100% - first guy

Joints: Very good joints for a Mirage figure
    Chrome: Chrome effect poor in places.

I'm looking for 60 euro.

Notes: Genuine G1 1984 Mirage in very good condition. Very good G1 Mirage is hard to find as his waist pivot is weak and his nose and wing is prone to being very loose but all this guys joints are good and he’s poseable. His only failing is that the chrome effect under the front and rear wings and on his weapons is faded. See photo. He displays very well in both modes. Didn’t have instructions handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance.

4160781955_af8db30c31_m.jpg

4161539012_26315cacfe_m.jpg

Smokescreen G1 100%

Overall: good 7/10
    Joints: mostly a bit loose
    Colour: good, some slight fading

Notes: Genuine G1 1985 Smokescreen in played with but good condition. All joints are a bit loose but still displays well in both modes and he’s quite poseable. Tech spec is bi-lingual, didn’t have it handy for photo but will upload photo if necessary when I get a chance. Could use a dusting with cotton buds.

One like this with his manual and tech spec would fetch 50 - 60 dollars
    I'm looking for 35 euro.

4160781297_9f029f31bc_m.jpg

4160781199_f66db8ecfd_m.jpg

Prowl Reissue 99%

Overall: near mint 9/10
    Stickers: near perfect
    Joints: tight
    Colour: white, no yellowing
    Chrome: some wear on missiles but very good

Notes: Genuine Takara Tomy reissue from 2002, with original 1984 booklet, tech spec, missiles and launcher. No gun. Displays very well.

I'm looking for 28 euro (G1 book, tech spec and 3 missiles worth 20 - 25 dollars)

4160781107_ecc7fd4332_m.jpg

4161538190_ed79c0a4b2_m.jpg

Smokescreen, complete no paper - http://tinyurl.com/yhn44uj - 45 dollars
    Mirage, complete no paper - http://tinyurl.com/yfoqtfk - 73 dollars
    Red Alert, complete like mine - http://tinyurl.com/yk42gad - 60 dollars
    Prowl, complete no paper - http://tinyurl.com/ykung26 - 75 dollars
    Sunstreaker, complete no paper - http://tinyurl.com/yzbjksy - 70 dollars

hi this is the mirage im after
    so red alert,prowl, and this mirage offer 100 fot the 3 of them!

cheers :-)

Dude, you want a 48 euro discount?!?!

I'd get more splitting them up and selling for parts.

I'm under no pressure to sell, these are collectors items and the ebay.com auctions always hit reserve.

The only reason I'm putting them up here first is because of the hassle of international shipping.

You said you were interested in Prowl and Red Alert. 78 notes + 12 euro registered parcel postage. If you want the better Mirage as well 140 total. Add Smokescreen I'll make it 170 (158 for four transformers + 12 euro p&p). That's a 25 euro discount for the four. That's the absolute best I'll do, and only cos you seem keen.

Dude, you want a 48 euro discount?!?!

I'd get more splitting them up and selling for parts.

I'm under no pressure to sell, these are collectors items and the ebay.com auctions always hit reserve.

The only reason I'm putting them up here first is because of the hassle of international shipping.

You said you were interested in Prowl and Red Alert. 78 notes + 12 euro registered parcel postage. If you want the better Mirage as well 140 total. Add Smokescreen I'll make it 170 (158 for four transformers + 12 euro p&p). That's a 25 euro discount for the four. That's the absolute best I'll do, and only cos you seem keen.

hi 158 for the good mirage, prowl, red alert, smokescreen, well id rather collect if thats ok then i can take a closer look at the rest!!

were you based pm me your details and i will pm you mine!!

cheers

hi just to confirm the prowl im getting of you is not a re-issue it is the original takra 1984 g1 stamped and dated on the figure as are all the tranformers im yes?

thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Hi folks,

Sorry to wade in and confuse the scenario here but boards has a sister site for selling/trading/buying goods. Adverts.ie handles all of that stuff, and you're already a member (use your boards credentials to login).

Chances are you'll get more exposure as people won't think to come here to buy stuff. But boards isn't used for trading goods, and we've no payment system linked to the site or anything. Adverts has a system in place that works well (I've used it myself) so in future do consult it.

Again, sorry if it confuses things as another mod said it was ok. No one's being banned or anything, just keep in mind we have a sister site to handle this kind of business :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement