Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Help!!

Options
  • 04-12-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hey all i am living in Tralee,Co. kerry and am having yet another great time with Eircom broadband (cough sarcasam!) every 5 mins my connection just drops for a good 3-5 mins, this has only started in the last week as well as that my house phone is unuseable i cant hear anything but crackling and randum disturbance;
    anyone help me out with this, already phoned tech support said they would send someone out within a day.....id say that probably means next tuesday haha

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hey all i am living in Tralee,Co. kerry and am having yet another great time with Eircom broadband (cough sarcasam!) every 5 mins my connection just drops for a good 3-5 mins, this has only started in the last week as well as that my house phone is unuseable i cant hear anything but crackling and randum disturbance;
    anyone help me out with this, already phoned tech support said they would send someone out within a day.....id say that probably means next tuesday haha

Get the linestats from 192.168.1.254 and post them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

DSL
    Available eircom broadband
    Connected
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    dns3.cra.dublin.eircom.net

Secondary DNS Server
    dns1.cwm.dublin.eircom.net

Speed
    3072/288 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    62/31 dB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DSL
    Available eircom broadband
    Connected
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    dns3.cra.dublin.eircom.net

Secondary DNS Server

Speed
    3072/288 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    62/31 dB

Your attenuation is very high, 62 out of a max of 63.5. It looks like you're about 5km or more from the exchange. Do you know how far it is?

sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to networking and broadband, i live around 2 miles outside of tralee town ive been told the fastest broadband i can get is around 3 megs but i think that was by eircom so im not too sure about that, kerry in general is not the best place for broadband but still mine is worse than it normally is, hopefully this fabeled technician will solve all my problems haha fat chance

sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to networking and broadband, i live around 2 miles outside of tralee town ive been told the fastest broadband i can get is around 3 megs but i think that was by eircom so im not too sure about that, kerry in general is not the best place for broadband but still mine is worse than it normally is, hopefully this fabeled technician will solve all my problems haha fat chance

Phonelines often don't run too directly, but it sounds like you should be at a lower attenuation if that's the distance. Might be as simple as water getting into the wiring given the rain lately.

• Advertisement

ya thats what i was thinking as well but to be honest even before this week my broadband was never rely reliable my line Attenuation never went below 55 and my speeds are pretty terrible at times .5 meg thanks for all the help anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sir Dunne

Hi,

My internet is aslo acting up. I live just outside Dundalk so the connection should be good. The dsl light will start flashing and there goes my internet connection for 5-9 minutes, i also play online on my x-box and I'd have no connection what so ever. Here are my internet stats

DSL
    Availableeircom broadband
    ConnectedUser Name
    eircom@eircom.net
    IP Address
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    Secondary DNS Server
    dns2.cra.dublin.eircom.net
    Speed
    1024/128 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    36/19 dB

Any ideas whats wrong??

Thanks,
    Patrick

Nope sorry at least your Line Attenuation isnt too bad god damn its like every second person with eircom has problems, i havnt even bothered to try and play on xbox live this week it wouldnt be worth the headache:( maybe il try and find a wireless provider might solve my problems

Advertisement