Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Neck Warmer

Options
  • 04-12-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭

I have one myslef but cant remember where i got it. some of our group this year were looking to get them - anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Just piss off a really weak midget to the point where he tries to strangle you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Quandary

thanks for the replies..

to be honest i was hoping someone would say something like "yeah sure, Mary's Neck Warmer Emporium, on neck warmer street, in the neck warmer district" :)

Anyone know of any shops around dublin that have them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Aldi/Lidl usually have them around christmas. If not try the North Face shop in Temple Bar or The Great Outdoors. Capel Camping on Capel Street is your best bet actually. http://www.capelcamping.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Im sure either Great Outdoors off grafton street or snow and rock in dundrum would.

cool - thanks everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i'd hit ebay before even trying to figure out where to get the energy from to stand up and go into town

http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?LH_AvailTo=99&LH_PrefLoc=5&_nkw=neck%20warmer&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

can get a nice one delievered for about 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I wouldnt bother with one tbh, just a good jacket that zips up to the chin. If your wearing it while skiing, all this extra gear just ends up with you either sweating too much, which ends up in you freezing when it cools down, or collecting snow which melts and becomes soaked, like a cold wet towel wrapped around you. I just stick to the basics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you don't find one before going then you'll probably be able to find them cheap enough in resort, and once you get there it might not even be cold enough to be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

robinph wrote: »
    If you don't find one before going then you'll probably be able to find them cheap enough in resort, and once you get there it might not even be cold enough to be needed.

Yeah they are relatively cheap where ever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I've been looking for them myself, saw them in rambler's way on Mary st for ?10 I think? Nice staff working in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

there's a very random shop in maynooth. It sells snow gear and horse riding kit. I still don't get how this mixture came about but I got a neck warmer and a couple of base layers there. Reasonably priced too and very warm.

I've no idea what its called but I can give directions if you want.

Aldi/Lidl usually have them around christmas. If not try the North Face shop in Temple Bar or The Great Outdoors. Capel Camping on Capel Street is your best bet actually. http://www.capelcamping.com/

I think this is the best bet for convenience really...

http://www.capelcamping.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecapelcamping%2ecom%2f&WD=neck&PN=Ski_Accessories%2ehtml%23a406#a406

tresspass neckwarmers for €10 a pop :)

thanks all....

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

I have a Polar Buff.

They're great for keeping your neck warm, and also, you can pull the lighter material over your face when there is a frosty gale battering you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

Quandary wrote: »
    Anyone know of any shops around dublin that have them?

the greatout doors do...go up the stairs and there on the right at the top!!! there made by turtle neck or comething like that...i have one and theres a ting tag with a logo of a turtle on it and i saw them in there last week..cant remember the price but they are really good!!!

ps. haven't read the replies so someone may have said this already!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Any of the shops around Capel st will have them. There are two types; a 'Neck Gaiter' (the technically correct term) and a Buff. My jack Murphy neck gaiter cost me 6 euros in Army Bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You can get 'turtlefur' cowls in The Great Outdoors - nice and soft :) But I lost mine ARG!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

http://shop.ebay.ie/bestdoshop/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

This guy has loads of different styles and colours, and If you buy 10 you get 3 free, which orks out at less than €3 a buff. Free P&P. So if there is a big group this could work out very well for your trip. An absolute bargain compared to the 16-25 yoyos you would pay in the likes of the great outdoors.

(Just bought 13, and will dish them out at christmas along with each present!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

olaola wrote: »
    You can get 'turtlefur' cowls in The Great Outdoors - nice and soft :) But I lost mine ARG!

thats the one i was talking about!!! there lovely arent they??? i actually think i robbed my mams not to sure...i buy 2much stuff then dont know who it belongs to....so its mine!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement