Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate change - Poll

Options
  • 04-12-2009 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

So, you have seen the other related threads 'Climategate' & the Great global warming swindle, but where do you stand on the issue? Do you believe that Global warming is "Man made" or are you on the other side of the fence? believing that 'Man' (greenhouse gasses) is only partially responsible for Climate change, and that the Earth is going through a perfectly natural warming cycle, as it has done since the beginning of time ....

You might like to treat this as a 'poll only' thread? seeing as the main discussion is ongoing on the other two threads, the 'Great global warming swindle' & 'Climategate'.

Climate Change is... 56 votes

a result of 'man made' greenhouse gasses
    0% 0 votes
    a result of the Earth's natural cycle
    8% 5 votes
    'mostly' due to human activity
    28% 16 votes
    'mostly' due to Earth's natural cycle
    23% 13 votes
    a result of variability in solar output and/or other cosmological factors
    16% 9 votes
    a result of a variety of natural factors
    10% 6 votes
    a total fallacy and/or a conspiracy
    12% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Change 'global warming' to 'climate change'

Change 'solar flares' to 'natural variability in the suns output and other cosmological factors'

I would have liked to have chosen "Global warming is due to the Earth's natural cycle & solar activity" but had to choose, "Global warming is 'mostly' due to Earth's natural cycle." as it was the nearest.

Unless the earths natural cycle included solar activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I've made a few changes to the poll.
    I would have liked to have chosen "Global warming is due to the Earth's natural cycle & solar activity" but had to choose, "Global warming is 'mostly' due to Earth's natural cycle." as it was the nearest.
    I've moved your vote to 'a result of a variety of natural factors'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

djpbarry wrote: »
    I've made a few changes to the poll.

A few changes! > I hardly recognised my own 'Global warming' poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Camelot wrote: »
    A few changes! > I hardly recognised my own 'Global warming' poll.
    I can edit it again if you like, but I would have thought 'climate change' is in more widespread use now than 'global warming' (and is the more accurate term too)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidanbike

The best documentary type program i have found on this subject is

Global Warming or Global Governance
    Dr. Michael Coffman

If you search for it on google video you can sse it.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443&ei=a0klS7eVEdWC-AbmiNCDBA&q=Global+Warming+or+Global+Governence
    A really excellent broad view of the subject, showing the agenda pushed by many behing the global warming scaremongering.
    A great education

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

djpbarry wrote: »
    I can edit it again if you like, but I would have thought 'climate change' is in more widespread use now than 'global warming' (and is the more accurate term too)?

It's more accurate, but also more ambiguous.

one of the big canards amongst the 'skeptics' is to re-define 'climate' to mean weather, To some of the extreme denialists, changes in seasons constitute climate change.

When you say global warming, it means global warming, when you say climate change, it opens the door to those who say that we're in a cooling phase now.

The best term is Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) because it removes the ability of the deniers to deliberately misinterpret what the question was.

Advertisement