Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Philips Multimedia speakers €52.93 zavvi.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great value.. although Zavvi have been patchy on the past in despatching electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

Had some of these in TK Maxx (Carrickmines) yesterday, not sure of exact model, however there were 2.1 and 5.1 setups from philips and I think they even had lights. The boxes I saw seemed aimed at gamers. Sorry, didn't take note of models or prices, but they were philips boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

These aren't really for PS3 Blu-Ray then are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

little confused by this system.
    is it just speakers? as in no amp, cd player, radio etc?

just bought the aldi speaker system for €90 , and if i can get philips for half the price id be sending back, if possible, the aldi ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

noodler wrote: »
    These aren't really for PS3 Blu-Ray then are they?

Well in the manufacturers link they list the only connectivity to be the 3.5mm jack so not really suitable for bluray, it would only be stereo sound double'd up to the rear speakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Or you could bare all the cables from the speakers, and connect the lot to the analogue outputs on your amp/ps3, if they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Well in the manufacturers link they list the only connectivity to be the 3.5mm jack so not really suitable for bluray, it would only be stereo sound double'd up to the rear speakers

No, it has 5.1 inputs as well as the headphone in jack. While it is clearly meant to be used with a PC it certainly could be used with a dvd player etc so long as it has 5.1 ANALOGUE outputs.
    AFAIK though the PS3 only has stereo analogue out, surround is via digital only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Saw this in harvey norman for €100 a couple weeks back so good value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Did some research on this. Bottom line is this system is not worth buying as a 5.1 system. It is a bundle of wires with fiddly speakers that looks more attractive than it actually is functionality wise. It is not true 5.1 surround sound.

It is bundled as 5.1 by marketing terms. I almost bought it on impulse, but held tough and did some checking first. In my view it is not a bargain, more like a clearance of stock item made to look attractive to make way for the next set of speakers being produced.

Advertisement