Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

target

Options
  • 04-12-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

anyone know where to get a target [to absorb the arrow not the paper ones] in the south east area , waterford or kilkenny would be good , thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Sorry bout the 20 questions...

What size? 120cm, 80cm, 60cm?
    Are you looking for a straw or foam one.
    What type of arrow will it have to stop... aluminium or carbon(from compound or recurve)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 olymacfoogal

You can get free ones at any garage shop. They bail their cardboard waste and have to pay to get it collected so they are more than happy for you to take it. Watch out for staples. They have a pretty long life. This was the best solution I came up with after many other attempts :)

Both archery shops in Ireland should sell the proper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

mr potato head , the bigger the better [not big price though ]
    straw or foam , what ever is best with price and practicality .
    a compound bow with carbon arrows . dont want to go all tech talk would just like to know if their is some where around that sells them , and i can have a look at whats out their . thanks

olymacfoogal , not a bad idea , will try check out some prices first and if out of price range will give it a go . thanks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 olymacfoogal

Maybe not such a good idea with compound :)

Although it does depend on the distance. Actually if you can get your hands on a load of carboard boxes that are the same make ( I worked in a big company and got them from there) ye can silver tape them together and they last a good while and have good stopping power.

Try archeryshop.ie I bought mine from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Straw is not a good idea for carbon arrows from a compound either, you will be scraping crap off them after every shot.

The foam targets are the best for your setup I reckon, archeryshop.ie have them at a resonable price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement