Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing Oil Boiler

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 2 boiler quotes, one for a Grant Vortex, and one for a Gem. The difference in price is €600. Does anyone know anything about the Gem boiler - would it be a good buy? Our current boiler has bitten the dust, so want something that will keep us going for the next 15-20 years.

Thanks,
    A

Edited to say that both boilers have a 92% efficiency (well strictly speaking, the Grant boiler is 92.6%).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ferngreen

what kind of boiler is it? i.e. wall mounted/ boilerhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

Boilerhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Busnardo

I don't know too much about oil boilers. But these guys have a good range of products and their prices are very good. I got a lot of solar installation equipment form them recently.

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Gem were formally Gerkros who went under because of unpaid accounts by developers. Their oil boilers were of a reasonable standard and the Riello burners are among the best available. Ask about warranties on both boilers as there is such a difference in price. It may be that Gem are trying to undercut the other manufacturers to re enter the market but I would always recommend Grant from previous experience of their products.

Advertisement