Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renault keycard replacement

Options
  • 04-12-2009 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

anyone knows how much they charge for a renault keycard replacement? I bought a car with only one of them, one of the allarm buttons sometimes doesnt work, so I am looking for a replacement

and when ordering a replacement - what I need to have with me in the shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭max 73

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    anyone knows how much they charge for a renault keycard replacement? I bought a car with only one of them, one of the allarm buttons sometimes doesnt work, so I am looking for a replacement

and when ordering a replacement - what I need to have with me in the shop?

shop around.....i ha a similar problem with my card key recently and when i rang the renault garage i was quoted - wait or this...."€213.00" yes, two hundred and thirteen euro........i asked why so dear and was told that they give trouble ut there was nothing they could do, it has to be programmed with very complex software:eek:

so shop around man, shop around....i didnt bother replacing it, too many things going wrong with my renault now so its going to cost me money versus the value of the car so no point

not sure how this hepls you but be wary

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Guy in Cork www.kcsystems.ie can repair these, ballpark 70 or 80 euro. However it sounds like you are looking for one, not a repair ?

FYI, a spare key for most cars with immobiliser and remote locking is in the 100-150euro range, so the Renault price isn't that bad. I could be mistaken but I seem to remember Toyota ones being more like 250 euro.

Advertisement