Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux Window Repair in Cork

Options
  • 04-12-2009 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a velux window where one corner is leaking slightly and wetting timber inside..

This is in window unit itself not the actual window holder that is built into roof

Any ideas who may repair this in Cork?

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

How long is the window in ?
    You had best talk to the hardware/suppliers where the window was purchased. That company has reps going around the different areas, I'm sure they could be persuaded to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

You had best talk to the hardware/suppliers where the window was purchased. That company has reps going around the different areas, I'm sure they could be persuaded to have a look.

I bought the house secong hand so dont know who supplied

Called velux themselves who only do warranty repairs

Thanks
    Noel

Time to do a bit of detective work, when was the house built ? Who built it ?
    Ask the solicitor you used during the conveyancing, he/she should have a paper trail. If the house is relatively new, there will be a commencement notice in the Building Control Office, usually with the builders name and contact details.

builder has gone bust im afraid

when was the house built ?

Why are you avoiding the above question?

• Advertisement

Hi

Im not built in 2001 rang velux who advised window is out of warranty

Im just looking for contact details of someone who can look at the window and advise of repair needed

I can get one from goldenpages but am looking for a referral

Thanks
    Noel

OK,

Referrals by PM please.

Advertisement