Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf drivers door will not close HELP!!

Options
  • 04-12-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey,
    My wifes car started acting up last night. Drivers door opened with key and now wont close. I have narrowed it down to the latch not working but as it was pitch dark i havent had a chance to have a proper look at it and wont have until next week. If anyone has any ideas or has seen this can you give me some advice before i go taking the door apart.
    Car is a 99 golf and has manual windows if thats any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Does it have central locking? Have you tried locking/unlocking with the central locking, perhaps something is jammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 baldoyleautos

Hey,
    My wifes car started acting up last night. Drivers door opened with key and now wont close. I have narrowed it down to the latch not working but as it was pitch dark i havent had a chance to have a proper look at it and wont have until next week. If anyone has any ideas or has seen this can you give me some advice before i go taking the door apart.
    Car is a 99 golf and has manual windows if thats any help.

The door lock barrell give trouble in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Squirt o' wd40?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muller_magic

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Does it have central locking? Have you tried locking/unlocking with the central locking, perhaps something is jammed.

Hey tipsy mac, the car has central locking but the wife hasnt used the fob in years as it went missing. Door is sounding like it is locking unlocking when the key is turned and the key is turning freely its just when you close the door it doesnt actually stay closed. Its like the latch is broken on it????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Sounds like a worn barrel lock to me like another poster said. Common fault in octavias, golf and passats of this vintage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement