Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She said she wants a "gift that comes from the heart"

Options
  • 03-12-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

This Xmas the GF and I decided on a set limit to spend on each other.

she picked out a few things as did I, but said she wants a gift that comes from the heart.

I know it defeats the purpose if im seeking ideas on here but im stuck!

she said it doesn't have to be expensive just "meaningful"

all i can think of is along the lines of something with a pre written special message i.e. teddy, photo frame etc!

even though she'd probably like that, I think its mad cheesy

help

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

You're the only one who should know the answer to this question really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If you have receipts from meals out, stubs from the cinema, trips to the zoo, photos, stuff like that, buy a nice decorative blank notebook and make a scrapbook kindof thing.

Cheesy times 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

a lock of your hair....not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

A length of your 'lovestick' is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DentalPlan!

Keith186 wrote: »
    A length of your 'lovestick' is in order.

come on now i don't wanna spoil her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Make her a nice christmas card in the pc. Nice and soppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ALLY89

ok she's prob hoping 4something that shows how well you know her, remember back to when ye 1st started goin out...did she ever mentioned something she really loves....maybe something from her childhood?or something that has special significance to your relationship, if you get her something that shows you listen to her it'll be 'meanigful' as it'll show u care.
    sounds soppy ya but spoz dats us girls! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

From the heart eh? How about a bicuspid valve?

Have you any nice photos of the two of you? Get on printed onto canvas for a thoughtful present, or put it into a frame she can have on her desk at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Make up a photo album with snaps of you both. Bring her to a restaurant she loves, buy a bottle of the wine she loves, a voucher to get her nails done if she likes that kind of stuff, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Silverfish wrote: »
    If you have receipts from meals out, stubs from the cinema, trips to the zoo, photos, stuff like that, buy a nice decorative blank notebook and make a scrapbook kindof thing.

Cheesy times 10.

That's idea is solid gold. Cheesey but absolutely heart melting.

If you don't have those kind of things saved you could make a small photo album of pictures of the two of you. You could write something short about a memory associated with each photo. Very simple things are usually the best. Focusing on the memory associated with the photo rather than just picking pretty pictures would be the way to go. Even four or five pics like that would be pretty cool.

The upside of the recession seems to be that it has turned us all into right soppy articles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

the scrapbook is nice - or a blood donation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lockie83

ALLY89 wrote: »
    ok she's prob hoping 4something that shows how well you know her, remember back to when ye 1st started goin out...did she ever mentioned something she really loves....maybe something from her childhood?or something that has special significance to your relationship, if you get her something that shows you listen to her it'll be 'meanigful' as it'll show u care.
    sounds soppy ya but spoz dats us girls! :P

Yep, this +1, this is exactly what she is looking for, also a scrapbook is also a good idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Definitely go for some kind of memory scrapbook.
    Only you know what to put in it, if you don't have pic's of some of the special moments just jot down a note about it, your feelings and memories.
    Just personalise it, you know her and what she likes(I hope) and a little prezzie of something she loves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Or figure out which song was number 1 the week ye started going out and buy that single for her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How about a locket with photos of you both as ickle babies inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

The memory photo book is a great idea, my bf did one for me this year and it means the world.

I get a lot of gifts for him and my family from www.snapfish.ie

You can get loads of personalised gifts using photos that are amazing and have always been loved! Already ordered three things for this Christmas and they give you some free prints as well which I'll use! They're fab!

Advertisement