Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

radio code

Options
  • 03-12-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

hi lads. i have a 00 renault meagane.

battery went dead yesterday, ok, pushed it, drove it for an hour to recharge it. all ok today except my radio says it needs a code. i have the car about 3 years and iv long since forgotten where the code is.
    is there a way of getting back into it without forking out?

thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I had this problem recently with an Accord, I assume the principles are the same. Firstly check the manual, you may have done this already but you didnt mention. Some careful owners will jot the code down somewhere on the manual. Failing that your local Renault dealer will get the code for you, cost me 20 euro but it gets the job done and beats silence. When ya get the code write it down somewhere for future ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

is the code written on the radio ?

if you cant find it then you need to pay bucks to get it coded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

thanks lads. didnt write it down on manual so it will be 20 bucks more for bill cullen so.

again thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 baldoyleautos

thanks lads. didnt write it down on manual so it will be 20 bucks more for bill cullen so.

again thanks lads

If you know where the car was bought originally they should have it on the system just give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you know where the car was bought originally they should have it on the system just give them a call

Any Renault dealer should be able to get for you using your VIN. The last dealer I went to could, even though the car was never bought there. You might need to be there in person with the car in case they don't give details over the phone or need to check details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement