Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Hardy and champion GSP is set for UFC 111 in New Jersey in March.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mid March doesn't bode well for paddys weekend in Dublin.

Hope Hardy gets hiss ass handed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Supposed to be an event in the UK in April so doesn't look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

wayne1 wrote: »
    MMA Unltd have been able to confirm

I would have thought the whole chat before the Hardy/Swick fight about the winner facing GSP....then GSP being in the octagon after the fight would have pretty much confirmed the fight, nevermind what josh koscock thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I dont think Hardy has done enough at all to get a title shot. GSP is going to destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I can't see UFC coming to Ireland in March... :mad:

• Advertisement

True true rumour is it is London in April. Might go to the Jersey card as flights are lessthan €400 to Newark with Continental going Thursday coming back Sunday. Tickets say €250 and same for accomodation and you're over there for less than a grand.

Odats wrote: »
    True true rumour is it is London in April. Might go to the Jersey card as flights are lessthan €400 to Newark with Continental going Thursday coming back Sunday. Tickets say €250 and same for accomodation and you're over there for less than a grand.

Would not spend that kind of money till I seen the full card. Plus you could do Vegas for around the same price.

Would not spend that kind of money till I seen the full card. Plus you could do Vegas for around the same price.

Until it is confirmed I'm not making any decision. If it is St Pierre vs Hardy then more than likely I'll go. You never know with the UFC these days. But see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I have a weird feeling that this fight is gonna be a lot closer than what people think, also I cant wait to see Paul Daley fight next weekend, strong fooker at 170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Tones69 wrote: »
    I have a weird feeling that this fight is gonna be a lot closer than what people think, also I cant wait to see Paul Daley fight next weekend, strong fooker at 170

Would have loved to see daley v hardy and the winner would then get a title shot, instead of handing it straight to that dick hardy!
    i wonder did dana reckon swick was gona walk tru hardy? and thats why he said winner gets a shot at gsp. just my opinion:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

It wouldn't be the first time that the UFC held pay per views in close succession when one of the pay per views was an overseas event. Let's keep a bit of optimism here.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

RealJohn wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time that the UFC held pay per views in close succession when one of the pay per views was an overseas event. Let's keep a bit of optimism here.

True, UFC 106 was literally one week after 105, the last UK one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

How much would the tickets be for UFC in Ireland? And would they sell out quickly?

How much would the tickets be for UFC in Ireland? And would they sell out quickly?

I think it's 50euro up to 250euro. And yes, it would sell out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

If anything it should be a good fight. Why? Because GSP is in it.

They could do pretty decent business with this if they give it a pro wrestling-esque style build (sorry people) with Hardy being the cocky heel and cutting a few promos like he has done in the past.

The JSP fight won't happen on the 13th March I'd say as Pacman v Floyd is pencilled in for that date and Dana will want to be at that fight i'd imagine and defo wouldn't want to go head to head with it was it could break all records.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    The JSP fight won't happen on the 13th March I'd say as Pacman v Floyd is pencilled in for that date and Dana will want to be at that fight i'd imagine and defo wouldn't want to go head to head with it was it could break all records.

Dana has said it won't be one the same night and he would be at the Pacman/Floyd fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

If ufc111 was on the week before the pac/may (6th march) then maybe we could get a show in dublin the saterday after the pac/may(20th march)? its plausible, fingers crossed:)

Dana has said it won't be one the same night and he would be at the Pacman/Floyd fight.

Thats what I said...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

The old argument of boxing vs. MMA and the battle for PPV buys is still rife despite many fans now attesting to being fans of both codes and happily indulging in either sport. There are still many pugilistic purists and the battle of the top combat sports looked all set to flare up again as UFC 111 was rumoured for dates around the same time Manny Pacquaio will battle Floyd Mayweather for the title of best pound-for-pound boxer on the planet.

The superfight inside the squared circle has been set for March 13th since Pacquaio recently despatched Miguel Cotto and Mayweather dismantled Juan Manuel Marquez.

Dana White, originally a boxing promoter and now the man heading up the UFC, has stated that the title fight between Dan Hardy and Georges St. Pierre (which we revealed here) will not go head-to-head with it, instead he will enjoy the delights of two fine athletes duking it out with their fists.

"The UFC and Pac Man vs Mayweather will not be the same night. I am pumped for that fight and will be there for that one!!!" he announced via Twitter. He later added his prediction. "I am a HUGE Pac Man and Roach fan but I think Floyd's boxing, speed and size are too much."

So, for those of you that enjoy both, you will most likely have consecutive huge weekends to look forward to in the Spring as some of the finest athletes and sportsmen fight sports have to offer will take to their respectives arenas to showcase their skills.

http://www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/1116/ufc-111-wont-go-against-mayweather-vs-pacquiao.htm

• Advertisement

This fight would be the equivalent to JSP v Anderson Silva imo or Brock v Fedor its going to be massive so you couldn't compare unless the card is stacked and Hardy is not going to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

Hardy told Sherdog.com recently. “I’ve accepted that, at some point, he’s going to take me down. I’ve accepted that I’m going to be fighting off my back for some of the fight and I’m just going to work to get back to my feet and do what damage I can from my back.”

Will we be able to recognise him when the fight is finished :) Or will GSP have mercy and submit him instead :P ?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Hardy-to-Mirror-Serras-Strategy-for-GSP-21542

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

This fight would be the equivalent to JSP v Anderson Silva imo.

GSP. Not JSP!!! :mad:

Advertisement