Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8G USB key ALDI Sunday 6th 12.99

Options
  • 03-12-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

ALDI have an 8G USB key next Sunday at €12.99 according to the flyer.

For some reason next Sunday's offers are not up on the website yet so don't know what else is going - techie stuff probably. Heard about USB key from a mate.

***** Sorry - it's on Thursday 10th not Sunday - can't change the thread header it seems ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭jaykay74

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    ALDI have an 8G USB key next Sunday at €12.99 according to the flyer.

For some reason next Sunday's offers are not up on the website yet so don't know what else is going - techie stuff probably. Heard about USB key from a mate.

Alternatively, 10 quid sterling with free delivery from mymemory. I guess it depends on your needs, if you going to write and delete often you will want a memory stick that can write quickly. Any details on the make/spec OP ?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/MyMemory/MyMemory-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

my guess is that it's this one from MicroMemory:
    http://www.aldi.dk/OFFER_DK_MI/OFFER_50/OFF07.SHTML]
    (that's from the Denmark ALDI so it's in kroner....)
    but I can't find a spec for it. Probably not very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Alternatively, 10 quid sterling with free delivery from mymemory.

I wasn't aware of that site. Bookmarked, thanks :)

The UK website has just been updated with Sunday's offers and it looks like it will be a Medion brand USB key - again no speed specs given ( price £9.99).

The Irish site will probably we updated by the time you read this..... the cute iPod dock/radio is only £25 in UK - wonder what it will be here...?

Whoops! sorry - USB key is on Thursday 10th
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_11352.htm

and the £25 iPod dock becomes €34.99 here.... grrrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Is there any other good value fast USB's on offer at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

dowtchaboy wrote: »

and the £25 iPod dock becomes €34.99 here.... grrrrr!

From the iPod dock description:
    Plays your favourite tunes louder, charges up the iPod, for outdoor use

Hardly likely :rolleyes:

We got a few of these last time ALDI had em - they worked out well - neat enough with the handle and loud enough for bedroom or kitchen use. Never heard them outdoors though - presume you load up a clatter of C/D cells??
    Oh one thing - the ones from last year did NOT recharge 4th gen Nano's as Apple in their wisdom dropped Firewire support hence no 12v - might be worth checking these ones if you have a 4th or 5th gen Nano. They will play OK though.

PS: Dunnes had a no-name dock/radio for €30 I think (could be more) - much bigger than this one - might be worth checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks OP, lost my 4gb stick a while ago and been waiting for a cheap enough replacement. Only thing is it dosnt look like it has a keyring loop but its only a slight annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, lost my 4gb stick a while ago and been waiting for a cheap enough replacement. Only thing is it dosnt look like it has a keyring loop but its only a slight annoyance

it looks like it does if you look at the black part on the end of it. might be hard enough to get a keyring through it tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Bought and external hard drive 250gb for 50 quid in argos during the week. they threw in a 2gb usb for free and a 5 euro gift voucher for spending 50 euro or more.....Bargain i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Medion gear is usually good quality but I'd always advise against buying USB keys with detachable caps.
    Experience has taught me to only buy ones with retractable connectors or swivel covers.

As Confucius probably said - "If it comes in 2 parts, the small 1 will always get lost"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jj72 wrote: »
    Bought and external hard drive 250gb for 50 quid in argos during the week. they threw in a 2gb usb for free and a 5 euro gift voucher for spending 50 euro or more.....Bargain i reckon

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_11351.htm

500gb for 69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

center15 wrote: »
    Is there any other good value fast USB's on offer at the moment?
    http://www.dvd.co.uk/Hw/Kingston-DataTraveler-100-USB-flash-drive-16-GB-Hi-Speed-USB-black/DT100_16GB/product.htm
    hard to beat this price for a good usb and 16gb (£17.99..think p+p is £5 on top)
    its where i always buy them anyway
    tried ebay once for memory which turned
    out to be fake and lasted weeks

Advertisement