Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse DHL?

Options
  • 03-12-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I ordered a product from an online retailer on Monday night but as soon I did I realized it was the wrong product. So I choose on option on the website to cancel the order. I got a message to say "Your comment has been recieved by customer service......." we will be in touch etc.

No word back.

Today got an email today to say the product has shipped with DHL.

My question is if I choose not to sign for it when its delivered will it be returned to the retailer?

Thanks
    Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Yes it should be returned to sender by DHL. I recently refused an item on instruction from the sender(wrong item sent), it ws returned to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Johnny_191

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Returned to retailer don't automatically mean you get a replacement sent out though as that would involve another shipping cost for the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Nody wrote: »
    Returned to retailer don't automatically mean you get a replacement sent out though as that would involve another shipping cost for the seller.
    that plus the return of the product DHL had to send back

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Johnny_191 wrote: »
    I ordered a product from an online retailer on Monday night but as soon I did I realized it was the wrong product. So I choose on option on the website to cancel the order. I got a message to say "Your comment has been recieved by customer service......." we will be in touch etc.

No word back.

My question is if I choose not to sign for it when its delivered will it be returned to the retailer?

Thanks
    Johnny

I hope its not Pixmania - they did the same to me, took three months to eventually accept that they had received it back,and then refused to refund the shipping, even though i had cancelled it two days before it shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Johnny_191

whiterebel wrote: »
    I hope its not Pixmania - they did the same to me, took three months to eventually accept that they had received it back,and then refused to refund the shipping, even though i had cancelled it two days before it shipped.

It is, never again! They seem to be the worst company to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Johnny_191 wrote: »

No word back.

Thanks
    Johnny

Under distance selling laws you are entitled to return the goods at your own expense if you change your mind, the goods are unopened and in original condition etc and the return being made within 7 days.

Technically although it was very poor customer service the vendor is within their rights to send this once you have confirmed the purchase. If you refuse DHL the vendor is only obliged to refund you the cost of the item minus the cost of returning it through DHL ( they cannot charge you for the postage out )

Advertisement