Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chandelier in Bathroom

Options
  • 03-12-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the regulations on hanging a standard chandelier in a bathroom. Mine is 3.3m x 3.5 and the light would be dead center in the room with a bath under the window and a 900mm quadrant shower in one corner.
    Any help is really appreciated
    Pinky:D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Off the top of my head, this is a no no!
    The reason: electricity and water are not a good mix.

If you have a very very high ceiling you might be able to install the light outside the zones and would therefore be ok. Not much chance of this

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Ceilings are 9.5 ft high, am I still mad.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Not a hope I'm afraid! Besides I think you would find that the steam would not be good for your light fitting!

Advertisement