Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Pizza Ovens

Options
  • 03-12-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'd love to get a good pizza oven for my apartment, in an ideal world i'd make a big wood fired one but the management company probably wouldn't go for it.
    There's a rake of them on Amazon but just wondering has anyone ever got one of these or am i better off just using a pizza stone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I was looking into them recently as well - there's a lot of full ovens for the garden, but I didn't find a worktop one that I liked ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Realex: Jonathan

that's what I feel too, don't really want to shell out €100 for something that's a glorified toasted sandwich maker. I think i'll get a pizza stone for the time being and see how I get on with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

that's what I feel too, don't really want to shell out €100 for something that's a glorified toasted sandwich maker. I think i'll get a pizza stone for the time being and see how I get on with that.

pizza stones are good but they can only do so much.....

if your using an ordinary kitchen oven you just wont get the heat that you need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If Jamie Oliver is right, then if you just get a slab of granite custom fitted to your oven, then that'll do just as good as a proper pizza oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

i went to the local stone mason guys. they supply granite/marble/etc counter tops and got an off-cut of marble about 2.5cm thick, large enough to fill the shelf space in the oven.

works perfectly to cook pizzas but lacks the full woodfired flavour. i put the stone in on full heat for about 45 minutes before i start to use it. i then make the pizza on the stone. by the time the base goes onto it you should see it start to cook immediately. best you can get in a regular kitchen at home. and much better than any of the pizza chains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

If Jamie Oliver is right, then if you just get a slab of granite custom fitted to your oven, then that'll do just as good as a proper pizza oven.

it wont be as good as a proper pizza oven...not enough heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭smallgarden

random rachel allen idea i think it was that if didnt hv stone can use heated up upside oven tray,find it works fairly well

Advertisement