Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Bonamassa Quote About His Influences

Options
  • 03-12-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

This is a quote from an interview with Joe:

JB: You know, my heroes were the English guys – Paul Kossoff, Peter Green, Eric Clapton. There’s so many – there’s Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher – another Irishman who played the same things, but don’t tell him that. But those guys were my guys – Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page.

What does he mean by, "another Irishman who played the same things"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭dasdog

I had to search to find out who Joe Bonamassa was. Maybe he's just implying they played American blues/rock? And I presume he is talking about the fantastic Eric Bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Well he was saying that overall he was more influenced by these blues players from outside the USA whereas most of his contempoaries were influenced by American musicians. I just don't understand the "another Irishman who played the same things, but don’t tell him that." comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Trevor O wrote: »
    I just don't understand the "another Irishman who played the same things, but don’t tell him that." comment.

Why dont you go straight to the sourse and ask him yourself ? ;)

http://www.jbonamassa.com/contact.html

Ha! I just sent him an e-mail! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Trevor O wrote: »
    Ha! I just sent him an e-mail! :D

Great !! Be sure and let us know who this mysterious Irish man is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

dasdog wrote: »
    I had to search to find out who Joe Bonamassa was

do yourself a favour and pick up "Live From Nowhere in Particular" its just pure class

oh BTW he is playing Vicar Street on Tuesday night the 8th of December

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Looking forward to the gig in Vicar St. tomorrow night, should be great!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Was at the gig in Belfast and it was AWESOME! You are in for a treat.

He's in Cork tomorrow night in The Opera House and I'm gonna miss it cause I've a gig myself! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!:(

Advertisement