Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legal size of tyres

Options
  • 03-12-2009 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi

I try lift up my l200( by 3" is easy 1day of work and put 31 maybe 33 inch)and one question what is the biggest legal size that you can put to yours car 4x4 ( I'm not a farmer , just making project with l200 maybe next month will show pictures )

Darius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Don't think there's a legal limit, you can put what you like on provided it's covered by the wheelarches. You should tell your insurance company if your lifting it, which is where the fun may start :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

^
    |
    |
    What he said, plus to be legal, the tyres should have the same (or higher) speed rating as the originals, and (obviously) be rated for 'highway use'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

101sean wrote: »
    Don't think there's a legal limit, you can put what you like on provided it's covered by the wheelarches. You should tell your insurance company if your lifting it, which is where the fun may start :rolleyes:

Cost me less than €60 extra on a fully comp policy when I lifted mine (3"). Same again for the HD bumpers and winch.... Thought it wasn't too bad value really.... Especially as it's my daily driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

That's not too bad, just about to put a load of Gwyn Lewis suspension stuff on my 110 and will own up to my other mods at the same time, hopefully one payment will do! Who are you insured with? (I'm with Axa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Quinn Direct at the time - Now through a broker who matched QD's loading, but with a lower base policy cost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement