Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamal Lewis

Options
  • 03-12-2009 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

So Jamal Lewis was sent to IR ending his career (he had intended to retire at the end of the season so I presume he is going to finish up now).

Personally he was one of my favourite backs to watch play the game.

Do you think his Ring & 2,000 yard season send him to the HOF eventually?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'd like to think it would! He was the best back in the league during most of his time at baltimore, and although his production wasnt back to his best at cleveland, he was still putting in 1,000 yard seasons. His career YPC average is 4.2, respectable enough.

Only time will tell. Sad to see him retire (if he does) as he is of the same mould as the likes of bettis and all the other classic "between the tackles" runners.. smashmouth football at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Tbh he was a class above Bettis. peterson kinda reminds me of Lewis. Not often you get such a versatile back the like of lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

not a hope of HOF i think. Elite back for about three years so that's not enough. I like him, the aggression etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

With 58 TD's and just one solitary Pro Bowl selection to his name I don't think Lewis is a HOF. The 2003 season shouldn't gurantee a Canton enshirement at all . . Even if he were borderline, that drug conviction would most likely knock him from the running.

I'm not sure if the drug conviction would affect it but agree its not likely. His career was explosive but short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I'm not sure if the drug conviction would affect it but agree its not likely. His career was explosive but short.

His career was too short to warrant it to be honest.

Hence I said what I said. . .. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hence I said what I said. . .. .

Wow relax there I wasn't posting to disagree or correct you. Don't ask me why I quoted you but I was giving my opinion to the thread.

Lol kk

Advertisement