Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuxedo/Dress Shirt/Bow tie €149

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

I though this was a pretty good deal, so decided to post it here.

The Suit & Tux Warehouse (off South Anne's Lane, just off South Anne's Street, Dublin 2) are doing a deal where you get:

Tuxedo (jacket and trousers)
    Pierre Cardin dress shirt
    Bow tie

all for €149

Pretty good deal if you ask me. They're regular Tuxedo''s sell for just €129 on their own.

http://thesuitandtuxwarehouse.ie/?Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

€149 is not that cheap for a tux

Dickybow will deliver a tux to your door for €80 - this is almost as cheap as hiring. Used them recently and the tux was fine.

There was a story in the paper recently also about Tesco selling tuxes for €50, not sure which stores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

For a decent tux, with a dress shirt & bow tie, its not that bad IMO.

Dixkybow.ie is very competitive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

marks and spencers have great value in tuxedos right now got a jacket recently for 40

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Paid 81.50 today to rent from black tie. Seems a bit much when compared to dixkybow.ie

is 81.50 good, bad or indifferent for renting a tux?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Paid 81.50 today to rent from black tie. Seems a bit much when compared to dixkybow.ie

is 81.50 good, bad or indifferent for renting a tux?

I believe its about average, which is why I bought one. I've only got to wear it twice and I'm saving money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

loyatemu wrote: »
    I believe its about average, which is why I bought one. I've only got to wear it twice and I'm saving money.

Exactly. I've 2 black tie events over the next couple of weeks, so bought one instead of renting. Its cheaper.

Oh, The Suitable Company on Grafton Street are also having a sale I believe (relocating) and they're selling Tux's for €100

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bargain basment in arnotts in great for black tie. I got a fairly decent onewith 2 shirts, bow tie and black tie for 99 during the good times. may be cheaper now

Advertisement