Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Rules Ball!!

Options
  • 03-12-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just thought this might be a good place to ask, but I'm looking for an Aussie Rules football to help with a bitta technique with my rugby kicking. Just thought it would be fun to get a feel for a similar ball. Any places I can grab one in Dublin do ye know? :) Cheers.

Also are there any Aussie Rules teams playing here? Be great to play a bit over the summer. Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LostAussie

I don't think you'll find anyone selling them over here. Try these guys out, a mate of mine runs this and they were the resellers for Sherrins in the UK.
    http://www.activeantipodean.com/sherrin_footballs

And as for teams over there, there's a league of 5 clubs in Ireland, 3 in Dublin. Check out the league's website at www.arfli.com. I see your profile says you're from South Dublin, so you're welcome to come along to the South Dublin Swans for a game and to work on your kicking & fitness over summer. We won't start training till the new year, but are getting together for a pre-christmas kick on 12th Dec which should be nice & cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rossdale22

any idea where i can pick up an aussie rules jersey in dublin or even london?

Not sure really. I think a jersey'll be harder to find than a ball. Maybe by mail order? Big Grab Sports in the US say they're licensed to sell official AFL gear but they don't have a catalogue.
    Maybe off Ebay or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rossdale22

ya i might have to give ebay a go!cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Be careful on eBay. There are a lot of fakes going around. If you aren't sure send me a link and I can have look.

Better off ordering straight from an official store than eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

LostAussie wrote: »
    I don't think you'll find anyone selling them over here. Try these guys out, a mate of mine runs this and they were the resellers for Sherrins in the UK.
    http://www.activeantipodean.com/sherrin_footballs

And as for teams over there, there's a league of 5 clubs in Ireland, 3 in Dublin. Check out the league's website at www.arfli.com. I see your profile says you're from South Dublin, so you're welcome to come along to the South Dublin Swans for a game and to work on your kicking & fitness over summer. We won't start training till the new year, but are getting together for a pre-christmas kick on 12th Dec which should be nice & cold!

Ah cheers bru! Great info here.
    I see that you South Dublin Swans are located in Lakelands, Terenure, sure thats only down the road from me! I'm doing my Leaving Certificate this year so I've only got a little time for rugby and nothing much else ha but I'll try come along in the new year some time. Great sport it is. . .

Anyway cheers thanks alot bru :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 f1hornet

FridaysWell - if ya want to join a successful Dublin team then join the demons.. we've won the comp for the last two season and beat the swans in the this years grand final!!!

If you're close to Terenure then join the swans and we'll see ya on the pitch next year! If you want to win something come join the demons! :)

http://www.dublin-demons.com

f1hornet wrote: »
    FridaysWell - if ya want to join a successful Dublin team then join the demons.. we've won the comp for the last two season and beat the swans in the this years grand final!!!

If you're close to Terenure then join the swans and we'll see ya on the pitch next year! If you want to win something come join the demons! :)

http://www.dublin-demons.com

I see. . .
    Where are the Dublin Demons located? Sure if I join the Swans they'll beat ya next year because of me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

Join the Saints. we come alomng way and even won a couple of games this year. We situated in Parnels in Coolock, But training will begin shortly probably on sandymount beach for the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I started playin aussie rules this season, joined up with the Demons, great bunch of friendly lads as are all the teams! great nights out to be had with all the team mates together!

Well worth a look at joining at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Nuigforce

Hows it going lads, thinking of joining the clare crows, is there an age limit? the arfli site wasnt very clear, i just turned 18 so could i register for the adult competitions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Midwest Magpies

Nuigforce, the age limit is 18 so you're good. The contact in Clare is Pa - top lad. You can get him by e-mailing clarecrows2010@yahoo.com. If you're around Galway for the summer, there is also ourselves.

But back to the topic FridaysWell!:

come on down to the Swans training and give it a go.
    We're in Bushy Park this Sunday at 2pm, Terenure Rugby Club on Thursday night and then next Sunday 21st at 2pm is our Open Day where all (young or old, male or female) are welcome to come along and try to kick a footy and take a mark.

Swans Open Day

LostAussie wrote: »
    But back to the topic FridaysWell!:

come on down to the Swans training and give it a go.
    We're in Bushy Park this Sunday at 2pm, Terenure Rugby Club on Thursday night and then next Sunday 21st at 2pm is our Open Day where all (young or old, male or female) are welcome to come along and try to kick a footy and take a mark.

Swans Open Day

Sunday 21st?
    I relly want to go, I'm gonna try my best, I have a rugby match that day though so not sure I could be there at 2. What time is it finished at?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Sunday 21st?
    I relly want to go, I'm gonna try my best, I have a rugby match that day though so not sure I could be there at 2. What time is it finished at?

Probably finish up around 4 o'clock. There is training on Sundays as well in Bushy Park so you could go to one of them sessions either. Great craic and a great bunch of blokes. Check out the website for times www.southdublinswans.com :cool:

Advertisement