Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on morning sickness

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi,my partner is pregnant with our first:D,she is 21 weeks gone and since about a week after she concieved she has been getting sick after every meal,sometimes 6 to 10 times a day.Anyone have any advice on any way of making it easier?She has an appetite,just can't keep it down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

iv been the same, i find a ginger nut biscuit can help, but unfortunatly not much else works. Eat wat she can, even if its bad.. For about a week all i could eat was crisps but it was beyter than nothing..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That is a lot of puking, even by morning sickness standards.

Has she been to her GP about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

Yeh Ginger nuts are definitely good to eat when you have bad morning sickness but with her getting sick that much I'd definitely be going to the doctors just to make sure everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Das Kitty wrote: »
    That is a lot of puking, even by morning sickness standards.

Has she been to her GP about it?

My OH, (due yesterday) has gotten sick every day, several times a day for the entire pregnancy and was the same both times she was pregnant before. She had "morning sickness" in the delivery ward the last time. Hyperemesis is what they call it.
    Different women react differently and there's really not a lot a GP can do. Actually there's nothing they can do.

All the OP's girlfriend can do is eat small and eat regularly, try gingernut biscuits before she gets out of bed in the morning, eat ice chips to keep hydrated.
    If she is especially bad, call the hospital. They put my girlfriend on a drip a couple of times to re-hydrate her

Advertisement