Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vga cables/???

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

So i bought a splitter to hook my lcd tv and my monitor to my pc at the same, save me switching cables. but the vga cable connected to the tv has only 14 pins where as the cable connected to the monitor has 15. the 9th pin is missing on the tv's cable at both ends, but i found out that its really obsolete anyway. what i'm looking for advice on is, the tv displays the signal from the pc terribly, its nothing wrong with the tv as i've used it before as a monitor, is it the fact that the vga cable has 14 pins? and would getting a 15 pin cable instead, correct this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Wrong Forum dude....Please move along!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

You need to reroute your cable through Newman.

Or move this to the correct forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Moved from UCD. Apologies if I've put it in the wrong place, the Tec Cat confuses me. Too many acronyms...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i'd hazard a guess you have the pc at a non native resolution for the tv. The tv will only really look right at one resolution

Advertisement