Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

air conditioning

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

is this only when you want really cold air. what happens the air when you have it on with the temp at highest setting.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Unless the compressor is engaged, the refrigerant within the system wont be circulating, thus when the blower blows across the evaporator (radiator for airc con), the temperature wont be as cold.
    Also the ducts have (electrically) controlled flaps which would close to the cold air when the highest temp setting is selected.
    Hope that helps...not sure if I got the question though!!

is this only when you want really cold air. what happens the air when you have it on with the temp at highest setting.

It still makes a huge difference over the heater blower in the car. Also for demisting it is fantastic, stops the car fogging up too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

maby my question was a bit assways. i know its a godsend to clear the window in the morning done in seconds.
    you know if i have the blower with ac on at cold it will be really cold but if its not on it wont be as cold. if i have it warm will it be even warmer with the air con on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The air will be dehumidified.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Exactly. Cooling the air will cause the moisture to condense out of it. When warmed again you get warm dry air instead of warm moist air.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

What does Air Con do when you've got your heater set to put out warm air?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anan1 wrote: »
    Exactly. Cooling the air will cause the moisture to condense out of it. When warmed again you get warm dry air instead of warm moist air.
    Jesus. wrote: »
    What does Air Con do when you've got your heater set to put out warm air?

Read these in order...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement