Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room Sealed Fire - Chimney External Air Supply

Options
  • 02-12-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am installing a room sealed fire in my house.

Do I need to put in a chimney system like the Schiedel Air or can I just put in a standard chimney system and drill a hole in the wall for an external air supply for the fire?

What are my options other that schiedel?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭PJMCKE

mike,

I am going for the barbas cuatro 2- 80 inset fire . have a look at this. it is only a wood burning stove but as the flue outlet is 200mm it will work with a standard clay chimney breast. I am going to take air in from the outside with a 125mm duct through the wall/floor.
    my quote is 2200 euro for the unit and the chimney breast is block, much much cheaper .
    ?
    let me know what you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

THe type of stove I was looking at is a wood burning stove also.
    It is a 15kw stove with a back boiler.

This is the actual one I was looking at:

http://www.airflowstoves.ie/Products/Inserts/Insert-with-Back-Boiler/Chopok-Back-Boiler-6

Cost is about €2400 for the stove.
    Flue system from schiedel is about €1500 (approx)

Mike.

Advertisement