If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Am i entitled to anything?

  • 02-12-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

    I work part time, and i reckon i am on max 12,000 a year from working part time.

    I am a college student, repeating a first year module (hasn't started yet, starts after christmas) but i have already made up my mind that i want to swap courses, so i am going to drop out, and see if i can get a refund, on the tuition at least, since i haven't had an classes.

    I also, want to move out. Me and some friends have this place lined up. Its a six bedroom house, working out at about 50 euro a week rent. Im wondering is it possible for me to claim any rent relief? Will me dropping out of college affect my elgibilty?

    Thanks in advance


  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

    as a student your not entitled to jsa/jsb as the criteria is to be able to and be seeking work and they see you being a student contradicting this. you might be entitled to some kind of college grant tho?