Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Pure Telecom

Options
  • 02-12-2009 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Today my mother got a call from "Pure Telecom" totally random call like. He convinced her to switch to them, a ****in slower speed of 1mb and all, we have 3mb with eircom now:mad::mad: i ****in load of ****, dunno why she did. She isn't even saving that much really, PLUS she had to pay €75 for a wireless box or somethin, which is free with eircom isnt it?

Is anybody with them presently? im just hopin that they're not too bad:mad: stupid woman....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Im think they have to allow a "cooling off period" so if you ring them and cancel I think they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

At first i though they were great.Now i'm outta work since April kept up to date till this month.Missed a payment by direct debit got a call from a staff member looking for imediate payment told him i dont have CC or laser i'll pay in post office Friday he say's you have to ring us straight away with referece number as it takes 10 day's to reach treatened disconnection.So after i said f that contacted nova network going wireless now.So i rang pure to cancel said i have cancel in writhing by post.Funnt they don't ask you to write to join them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why don't you get your own internet package.
    You can't complain if you are not paying the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

tuxy wrote: »
    Why don't you get your own internet package.
    You can't complain if you are not paying the bill.

Cause im only 17 and i aint got no money:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So why were you complaining??
    Maybe your mother only wants to get 1mbit internet(pure and eircoms 1mbit package cost about the same) so she has more money to spend on your education.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There's a 30 day cooling off period. Get her to ring tomorrow and cancel. Orders take a few days to process, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

good, i was hoping there would be a cooling off period. I wouldnt really mind, but in our house theres a pc, laptop and a ps3 which are usually all online, so 1mb just wont cut it with all that. plus i upload stuff to youtube, HD stuff so the bigger the upload the better. When we get it and she see's that its really slow(she usues the laptop alot, facebook:rolleyes:) she'll she that we need 3mb. And she is only saving about €5 a month, plus she there is a €50 connection fee and €75 for the wireless, so i really dont think its worth it. Previously we were eith eircom, then talk-talk, then back to eircom, so i think its gonna be the same thing all over again. And its gonna be thats gonna have to set everything up:rolleyes::mad:

Advertisement