Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights Thread

Options
  • 02-12-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Don't say its a bit too soon, someone across the road has plugged a few in already!

Maybe this could be a sticky for shots of festive lighting

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If we can get some good photos in here I might sticky it. Certainly our house is always covered head to toe in christmas lights, so I'll get photos up when they go up (wont be a while yet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

saw two houses with lights up and one with christmas tree at their front window, but the weird thing is i,ll miss my neghbour not haven her tree up cos her house got flooded last week at carnmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'd have no problems with this being a sticky.

Maybe like D4RK says, wait until there are a few pics in and the thread has been noticed.

Great idea for a thread, I love Christmas lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Found this picture of Grafton Street with the old lights. Anyone know how many years ago it was?

372535146_b35b2eec45.jpg

New Lights:
    grafton-street-christmas-lights1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

hahhaha hard to believe thats like one of the main streets in this city. back in paris that would be a side road lol. still looks nice as it does this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, if you didn't know it would like just any ordinary street alright.

I don't mind the lights on Grafton Street now, but prefer the old style.
    One thing I love about Grafton Street around Christmas is getting to hear all the carolers, really adds to the spirit and there was some great performances last year.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The old one looks fantastic :eek: what were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I prefer the old ones, love the coloured lighting on the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I put up my decorations last weekend. I'm normally the last in my estate, but there was a special in Argos on icicle lights so I just went mad. Now I notice I'm the only one on my estate :D. Screw it, 'tis the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

Only one house on my street has put up decorations but its absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen so many lights and ornaments crammed into such a small space, its overwhelming. Go here for pics, though they really dont do the thing justice http://raemie.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmacalypse.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement