Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX Confusion!

Options
  • 02-12-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

right, im doing a simple dublin - heathrow flight, why in gods name am i being sent up towards glasgow??????

same happened when i was doing a cork - amsterdam flight yesterday.

High altitude airways, IFR and i clicked the find route an all.

it never happened on fs9????

edit: im over scotland now and i tried to turn down the country to get back to my flight path only to be told to go back the wrong way!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If the route finder yoke is making the route for you...firstly make sure it doesnt send you that way, and secondly I think its the "nav/gps" switch you need on GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

yeah the route was a direct route between the 2 cities and twas set to gps but the feckers in ATC still sent me to denmark! i got a call for 345 degrees, then 060, then 035 then nothing, so over scotland i tried to turn towards london and the told me to go back to 035, 4 times! i gave up over denmark or finland or somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

This used to happen to me in FS9, and still does sometimes. When you know you should be going one way in your FP as filed, and ATC sends you another way that makes sense, cancel your IFR, and then use the create or open FP option, then re-load your saved flight plan and click OK. When it asks you do you want to place your aircraft at the starting position in the FP click no. It will then take you back into your flight, and use the request IFR option on the ATC window to file your FP again in the air. Once the FP has been filed, ATC should then turn you back on course as per the FP.

As for why it happens, I have never found out! I gave up using the default ATC anyway and now I used Radar Contact 4 which is far more realistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

A direct route is the problem. Its going to vector you all the way and somehow the default atc forgot you where there....if thats possible. Try to use whatever routing tool it provides- or export a realworld flightplan from the likes of vroute into FS

Advertisement