Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yo no creo en las brujas....

Options
  • 02-12-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the Spanish, but it is one of my favourite lines from a Chilean general who at a press conference about several UFO apparitions over Santiago was asked what was that, and he replied "I don't believe in witches, but they sure are out there".

Anyway, I had a "WTF was that?" moment this morning and wanted to share.

I was stuck this morning in traffic in a small laneway which I took thinking I was being smart :o and then I see this Range Rover stops behind me. Through the mirror I can see the guy is quite agitated. Then he starts beeping his horn, followed by trying (and failing) to turn his car out of the lane. By the time the car ahead of me leaves the laneway he starts beeping at me because I didn't chance it, though I wasn't given space by the following car coming on the main road.

At that stage I spot a woman with a child in a buggy and they can't cross because the guy left no space between our cars, so I get out of the car to help her out (traffic was not moving anyway) and the guy opens his window and starts swearing at me. Unusually, I keep calm and tell him he is being unreasonable... bad idea, he is raging. I feel a very controlled anger towards the guy at this stage....

I get back into my car and soon I turn left and gladly see him turn the opposite way, but.... as soon as he clears my car, there is a big bang and his car disappears in the middle of a huge cloud of smoke coming from his engine. Something had exploded!

While I am looking through the mirror, I was in shock with the surreal situation, and deep inside I felt somehow justice was being done in an extreme way.

While I did feel sorry for the guy realising he was probably under pressure and very frustrated even before this happened, I couldn't avoid thinking there was some sort of faith/karma/negative energy overload involved in the situation that triggered that catastrophic breakdown.

I know some people will say it is just a coincidence, but in my many years on the road, I have never seen anything like what happened to that car today.

And by the way, if the driver of that car is reading this, please take a deep breath and step back of whatever situation you are in. I honestly wish none of this had occurred today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

I would say he was probably aware he had a pretty bad problem with his vehicle, which may have gotten worse if the thing was idling in traffic - hence his anger, frustration and agitation at being stationary.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It might well be as iamhunted says, that his car was misbehaving. Or he could have driven the guts out of it in frustration up to the point you saw him.

But I do remember once we had a discussion here about computers and how they seem to crash at the worst possible moment when youre stressed and really need em. Its like they know. :D

I hope my mum wont mind me mentioning this, but in a similar but more positive vein.... recently she drove to a very remote beach for a stroll. Cold day, no phone coverage, miles from the nearest house. Gets back in her car after an hour, it wont start. Battery is flat, not a gig out of it. (it had been giving problems) Tried two or three times, starter hardly turned, not a hope of the engine catching. Now, she realised she had no phone coverage, and would have to walk about a mile and a half to get to a signal. So, with her being a woman with a profound faith in angelic/spiritual things, she sat for a minute and thought, then says 'C'mon guys, help me out here'. Turns the key again, the engine fired up. Drove home without any issues.

I like to call that the AAngels working. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

iamhunted wrote: »
    I would say he was probably aware he had a pretty bad problem with his vehicle, which may have gotten worse if the thing was idling in traffic - hence his anger, frustration and agitation at being stationary.

Maybe, but he was revving the engine quite a bit, which would be stupid if he was aware of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

iamhunted wrote: »

Exactly what I was about to post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Some 4x4s get engine trouble when stalled for long periods of time.The engine overheats and ignites fuel.Happens a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement